JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't shot the SR, but I own a Stainless loaded and I love it. One of my favorite pistols to shoot. The quality is great and Springfield customer service is fantastic. If you don't want to wait then get the Springfield, you won't be sorry

I absolutely love my sr1911, looks great, feels great and shoots just as accurately as any other 1911 I've handled. Though the aluminum trigger annoys me a bit but that's going to be changed. I doubt you'll be disappointed either way though.

I'd go with the Springfield just based on the fact that given the choice, I prefer forged over cast.

I agree whole heartedly, but don't forget that Ruger's casting has been doing them for Caspian for years and are one of THE go to frames for custom builds. If done properly casting isn't terrible and Ruger seems to have it pretty well down.

I don't have any experience with SA, but I'd buy another SR1911 if I was looking for a gun in that price range. The one I bought has been a great shooter for us and has given us no trouble.

PS. Ruger's casting is the best in the industry.

My TRP was quite a bit more than that, and aside from the night sights and the stainless frame a loaded pretty much has everything my TRP does. After swapping out the main, firing pin and recoil springs for standard weights I couldn't be happier than with my SA.

Parts is one thing, the fitting (slide/frame) on my TRP is SO much nicer than the last Loaded I owned, it's really night and day. I haven't held a SR1911, but I do know that RO's are very nice for their price point. Better than a Loaded IMO.

Well its been 4 weeks waiting on an SR1911. I did look at a loaded the other day guess I'll take a look at the RO next. Would like to stay at $1000 or less if I can.

EVO 4G

Well I waited and Keith just called to say its here. Still have 4hrs of work to go. Now that I'll have my SR1911 time to start saving for that SA. next.

EVO 4G

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top