JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Close to the same gun as a S&W M1917 from WW1 but was built by Smith and Wesson at a later date on contract for the Brazilian military. There is some history to these surplus guns found here....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1917_revolver#Later_Use

<broken link removed>

I would consider this example to be a shooter vs a collector and a fine shooter it is. Lots of fun in a full size revolver plus you don't have to hunt for your brass after its all over. I am no expert but I think this has had a re-blue at some point and there is some pitting on the side plate and frame. Functions and fires fine. I did have the mainspring break and it has been replaced with a wolf aftermarket standard power spring. If I remember correctly I ordered the mainspring in a spring kit from wolf so I have the various other replacement springs for this pistol as well. Aftermarket Hogue rubber grips are installed and makes it very comfortable to fire and handle. Shoots 45 acp with full moon clips, (10 included) or .45 Auto Rim with out the use of clips. Uncle Mikes nylon holster included as well. I'm asking $475 for the package or possibly trade for a revolver in 357 mag. w/ at least a 4" barrel or a compact .45, open to other offers as well.
P.M. with questions or for more pictures
Local F2T deals only with proper proof of I.D. please.

a70a9910.jpg

26b5447c.jpg

4856b1ec.jpg

439585fd.jpg

316c26ea.jpg

I am no expert on revolvers as this has been my first one but the lockup seems good to me. There is a very small bit of wiggle when rotating the cylinder back and forth by hand when it is closed up but it fires just fine and does not shave any lead. The bore is clean and bright as I attempt to show in the picture below.

87cbbba3.jpg

Close to the same gun as a S&W M1917 from WW1 but was built by Smith and Wesson at a later date on contract for the Brazilian military. There is some history to these surplus guns found here....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1917_revolver#Later_Use

<broken link removed>

I would consider this example to be a shooter vs a collector and a fine shooter it is. Lots of fun in a full size revolver plus you don't have to hunt for your brass after its all over. I am no expert but I think this has had a re-blue at some point and there is some pitting on the side plate and frame. Functions and fires fine. I did have the mainspring break and it has been replaced with a wolf aftermarket standard power spring. If I remember correctly I ordered the mainspring in a spring kit from wolf so I have the various other replacement springs for this pistol as well. Aftermarket Hogue rubber grips are installed and makes it very comfortable to fire and handle. Shoots 45 acp with full moon clips, (10 included) or .45 Auto Rim with out the use of clips. Uncle Mikes nylon holster included as well. I'm asking $475 for the package or possibly trade for a revolver in 357 mag. w/ at least a 4" barrel or a compact .45, open to other offers as well.
P.M. with questions or for more pictures
Local F2T deals only with proper proof of I.D. please.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.