JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1281
Manufacturer
Smith & Wesson
Caliber
45 ACP
City
Seattle
State
Washington
Zip Code
  1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Your assertion is that the blueing on this 1917 is the factory original finish, and that it was never reblued nor otherwise refinished?
Stokes, I've had the gun looked at by two collecting bodies with different answers. One suggesting the cylinder was refinished at some point another noting an inability to distinguish and leaned more on an attempt to clean.

I'm all ears to experts on the matter however, also am happy to provide more photos for interested buyers.

This is a beautiful piece of history here, I've always dreamed of one of these. I wish you luck with your sale but when I've seen them they were much higher in price.

This is a beautiful piece of history here, I've always dreamed of one of these. I wish you luck with your sale but when I've seen them they were much higher in price.
Indeed and thank you very much. If I had to guess, the value sits right around the $1,600 mark and up, depending on the added value a buyer sees in this firearms story.

Granted I want both sides of the transaction to feel comfortable, am happy to work a deal with someone that will give this the proper home.

I have one of the moonclips too I keep forgetting to photograph.

@TangoWhiskey on occasion I have seen them go for sale. Given the 100+ years they're always in some sort of different condition each. Have seen some with the holster, clip holder etc go for a good penny.

I had this one looked at by a local shop and he thinks someone with a bloodied hand grabbed the barrel. You can see the fingerprint of the thumb and hand, neat bit of history.

Your revolver was most likely made in December of 1918. It definitely is not of late 1917, very early 1918 manufacture. If it was made during that time frame
the hammer would have a series of concentric circles on it and you does not have those circles. The grips would also be dished on top and yours are not.

Looks like a very nice shooter.

Your revolver was most likely made in December of 1918. It definitely is not of late 1917, very early 1918 manufacture. If it was made during that time frame
the hammer would have a series of concentric circles on it and you does not have those circles. The grips would also be dished on top and yours are not.

Looks like a very nice shooter.
Thank you GunHound. Well someone must want to be Brad Pitt in Fury right?

1678152732879.jpeg

Open to offers.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top