JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1000
Manufacturer
Smith & Wesson
Caliber
22 Long Rifle
City
Molalla
State
Oregon
S&W MODEL 41 WITH LESS THAN 50 ROUNDS FIRED 1100.00 WITH LEUPOLD M-8 2X SCOPE 1000.00 WITH OUT SCOPE. COMES WITH BOX AND 4 MAGAZINES IMG_0243.jpg IMG_0246.jpg IMG_0247.jpg IMG_0243.jpg IMG_0246.jpg IMG_0247.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
S&W MODEL 41 WITH LESS THAN 50 ROUNDS FIRED 1100.00 WITH LEUPOLD M-8 2X SCOPE 1000.00 WITH OUT SCOPE.View attachment 613443View attachment 613444View attachment 613445View attachment 613443View attachment 613444View attachment 613445
I sent you a pm with an offer & was wondering if you'd gotten it. These are incredible shooting pistols in this configuration. It's been a long time since I competed with one & I have two questions that I'll ask here as the answers might be of interest to other members looking at your ad. Did the pistol have to be drilled and tapped for the scope mount? Do you have the box and paperwork? How could it have only 50 rounds fired? If it were mine it would be clean but well used...how much fun would that be on sage rats and jack rabbits! (Both of which are pretty good eating if you soak the back legs in a milk/salt water mix for a couple of days, then roast them on a charcoal grille).
Thank you,
Scott
Semper Fi

Last Edited:
After the Smith and Wesson Model-29s, the Model-41 is my favorite Pistol. I have several, as well as several of the extra Barrels and several sets of Stocks/Grips. Plus I have a couple of Model-46s in my Collection.Grips

I likely have more money invested in the Model-41/46s than any other Guns in my Collection! I must admit that I prefer the Earlier Guns but this one isn't badly priced, although I'm not sure why the extra $9.00?

Good Luck with your Sale!!!

After the Smith and Wesson Model-29s, the Model-41 is my favorite Pistol. I have several, as well as several of the extra Barrels and several sets of Stocks/Grips. Plus I have a couple of Model-46s in my Collection.Grips

I likely have more money invested in the Model-41/46s than any other Guns in my Collection! I must admit that I prefer the Earlier Guns but this one isn't badly priced, although I'm not sure why the extra $9.00?

Good Luck with your Sale!!!
KKG:
I'm sure you'd know the answer...are the 41 top frames factory drilled and tapped for a scope mount? I just can't remember.
Thanks.
Scott

Yes it was factory drilled. i don't know why the 9.00 is there i tried to take it off but was unable. i do have the box and what ever come with it. I am 83 with a bad heart and just don't shoot any more.

I thought that's what I recalled but at my age I've learned not to trust my memory completelyo_O.
The Memory is one of the first things to go IMHO for us Old Noise Makers. I'm pushing 70 this year and YES I have holes in my Memory. But, I've been lucky enough to be Collecting Smith and Wesson Handguns for a lot of those years. I picked up my First ONE in '69. It wasn't a Model-41/46s but a Model-10-5 that was supposed to have gone to the Shah of Iran and it is Engraved of the Sideplate to indicate that. That SAME year I fell in love with the Model-41 when I was Issued an NIB one, 10 Magazines and a Brick of Ammunition and told "Go Break this Gun in". Well, I went over to the 25 meter line, hung a fresh Pistol Target, then back to the Firing Line. Once there I loaded up all 10 Magazines and began firing. I fired using what might be called "Rapid Fire". As quick as the Sights were again Aligned, I Squeezed the Trigger. After emptying all 10 Magazines, I took down my Target, because I had to turn-in the first one before I could get a replacement. Well, the Armourer looked at me kinda Funny and asked me if I had been Shooting into the embankment. I said no and told him what I had been doing. I also explained I had not fired any Handguns except for the 1911A1 during my schooling when I went through the Small Arms Repairman School in Aberdeen Proving, Maryland. After "Learning" all about how to Repair the Handgun, you were required to take it to the Indoor Range and put 100 rounds through the Pistol to make sure I had done it Right. Now back to My Target. Well, 100 rounds produced a tagged hole where the X and 10 Rings had been with a Single 8 and a Single 9!

Not to Bad for a beginner! As I said, that's the day I fell in love with the Model-41/46s!

Well, I'm 81 now and my pistol addiction started in the Corps. In the .22 competition phase of my pistol matches I started with a Clark built Ruger morphed to a HS fluted bbl, and ended up with a 41 which I shot better than any of the others. That pistol got me into the Distinguished Expert class. I loved that gun and if I could have I'd have purchased/stolen it when I left the Corps. Whoever is lucky enough to end up with cowpie's 41 will have my envy. I don't shoot competition (can't afford to buy my own ammo) but........

I don't have anything that cowpie could use in trade but if I had enough cash to talk him out of it I would surely do that. Someone who does is going to be most fortunate, indeed.
Scott
Semper Fi

LEO if i sell you the gun with the scope for1000.00 and let you make payments say 1/3 , 1/3 , 1/3 would that help you out ? I keep the gun till its paid for.

Your offer is kind and generous, not to mention considerate. As much as I'd love to have your gun just the way it sits I only am able to work part time now and LEO's are not in a high income bracket, not in this part of Oregon at least. I'd be embarrassed to tell you what I could come up with for cash...your gun deserves more than a clean, but well used 41 sells for. I'd certainly trust you with holding my money (and my gun:rolleyes:) but the only way I've successfully provided for my family all these years is by never purchasing anything for myself that I couldn't pay cash for out of discretionary funds (which seem to become less available as the years pass).
You are the kind of gentleman that makes this site what an outstanding venue it is.
Thank you very much,
Scott
Semper Fi

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.