JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Three revolvers I am keeping my eyes open for: .40 S&W, 9mm and .45ACP/.45LC

There's a 625 for sale in the classifieds on this forum...

Like Dave says, you have to be a "Revolver Guy". I feel somewhat responsible since it may have been my influence that caused him to buy it in the first place. Great guns.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

There's a 625 for sale in the classifieds on this forum...

Like Dave says, you have to be a "Revolver Guy". I feel somewhat responsible since it may have been my influence that caused him to buy it in the first place. Great guns.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Yes - I saw that, but I wanted something that can chamber both .45 ACP and .45LC, and if I were to get a .45 ACP only revolver, I would go for a 325 instead of a 625.

Right now I have a 460V which could be modified to also take .45 ACP, but it is a big heavy revolver - not something you would carry for self-defense, and even for a "woods gun" it is too big and heavy IMO (unless you anticipate encountering a grizzly or polar bear). I am debating whether to sell it or not and try to pickup a Ruger Redhawk instead; at one point in time they made one that can shoot both .45 ACP and .45 LC but not anymore? I am not a fan of single actions, especially for self-defense, so a convertible SA doesn't really appeal to me.

Yes - I saw that, but I wanted something that can chamber both .45 ACP and .45LC, and if I were to get a .45 ACP only revolver, I would go for a 325 instead of a 625.

Then you need to look at the Ruger, or buy a S&W chambered in .45C and have the cylinder machined to accept moon clips. Here is a 25-13 Mountain Gun that is so modified...

25-13-CS.jpg

This one was done by TK Custom. Pinnacle High Performance is also well known for this conversion and I'm sure that there are others out there that do it.

Just a word of caution - if you start with a S&W 25-5, especially one with a pinned barrel, measure the chamber throats first, otherwise you are liable to end up with a gun that doesn't shoot well in two calibers:rolleyes:

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class