JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So..trying to decide between a 617 & single six (stainless). trying to figure out if the 617 is worth the extra cost. I had a 686 .357 and loved that style was hoping ya'll could weigh in with your opinion? I like the .22mag option on the single six but i love the single action trigger on the 617 and the ease of loading.

opinions?

thanks!

My Single Six .22lr/.22Mag shoots great and the SA trigger is great.
Loading and unloading is very slow compared to DA/SA type.
I love to shoot this gun but it requires more patience.
One advantage is that you save $ on ammo but then again that isn't much of a factor in .22lr.
I like the .22 mag option but unless you plan on hunting with the gun then it really isn't much of a difference unless you just like a bigger bang.
If you liked swinging the cylinder out/in as part of the whole shooting process then I'd say get the 686.

I think I've decided on the S&W. now I gotta sell a few things lol... It is replacing a browning buckmark so the 617 would still be pretty quick to load like the browning. Going from an auto-loader to a single action is too drastic a change for me! I will someday have both as I think the single six is a really sweet looking pistola.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top