JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So..trying to decide between a 617 & single six (stainless). trying to figure out if the 617 is worth the extra cost. I had a 686 .357 and loved that style was hoping ya'll could weigh in with your opinion? I like the .22mag option on the single six but i love the single action trigger on the 617 and the ease of loading.

opinions?

thanks!

My Single Six .22lr/.22Mag shoots great and the SA trigger is great.
Loading and unloading is very slow compared to DA/SA type.
I love to shoot this gun but it requires more patience.
One advantage is that you save $ on ammo but then again that isn't much of a factor in .22lr.
I like the .22 mag option but unless you plan on hunting with the gun then it really isn't much of a difference unless you just like a bigger bang.
If you liked swinging the cylinder out/in as part of the whole shooting process then I'd say get the 686.

I think I've decided on the S&W. now I gotta sell a few things lol... It is replacing a browning buckmark so the 617 would still be pretty quick to load like the browning. Going from an auto-loader to a single action is too drastic a change for me! I will someday have both as I think the single six is a really sweet looking pistola.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top