JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1700
Manufacturer
Smith & Wesson
Caliber
44 Magnum
City
Tigard
State
Oregon
Zip Code
For Sale - S&W 29-2 44Mag 6 1/2" nickel. I bought this from Rock Island Auction a few months ago as a "shooter" because their tiny pictures were terrible, I assumed it was a consumer fired gun. When it finally arrived the FFL and I were looking at it really hard and both decided it probably was factory test fired only. He said he has an unaired 29-2 at home he bought new way back. Another gun shop looked it over and also said it seems to not be consumer fired.

I'm not comfortable shooting something special like this seemingly "new" and iconic 6 1/2" 29-2. I found another one already that actually is a shooter.

It has handling marks of course but there is only the slightest cylinder wear ring, the cylinder catch looks perfect with sharp edges, and the end of the cylinder only has carbon rings on every other hole from being fired. I'm told S&W back in the day only test fired every other, or just three rounds in these revolvers at the factory. Lands and grooves look perfect. The grips have a small scuff on the top of one side but other then that, they're in amazing shape.

Apparently Made in 1977/1978 - target trigger, target grips, and target hammer. All unused original tools and very good condition wood presentation box. Original manual, warranty card, and literature. I have no provenance from Rock Island but the sales receipt.

No shipping and no trades...I need the cash. Please inspect this special gun yourself.

5A48CA4C-0F6B-4882-BD45-BB87740B2421.jpeg DA073066-5E68-4FA9-B1CA-DDF1DAB5C423.jpeg F173097F-D038-4CBA-AF02-A5DA4C27EE1D.jpeg 841B3CF6-3971-42FB-9F8F-D30B3DFD4B5A.jpeg C9DD8CB9-79AC-4C12-8EFE-7AFD4FE3AC35.jpeg 30C938DB-C200-4575-877E-C5EA3CEBC9A8.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
The 29-2 in 6 1/2" pinned barrel may have been the very finest S&W big boy they made in that era. This one is just too fine for me to use as a range gun like I thought I was buying, and I'm not rich enough to be a "collector" of awesome stuff like this.

**In honor of Memorial Day and for all of us getting a little bit of our hard won freedoms back after this Wuhan SARs virus trouble, I'm dropping the price to $1,700.00**

Sorta looks like a 6 rather than 6.5 inch to me. 29-2s exist in both. Glorious, whichever.

Hi! Thanks for the comments...based on the serial number (N4158xx) all I've found so far in my research is that it's probably a 1977/1978 build. Do you know when they changed from 6 1/2" to 6 Inch?

Hi! Thanks for the comments...based on the serial number (N4158xx) all I've found so far in my research is that it's probably a 1977/1978 build. Do you know when they changed from 6 1/2" to 6 Inch?
My SW Catalog says they dropped 6.5-inch and switched to 6-inch in 1979. The 29-3s started in 82.

Is it a 6 inch?

If I had the $$, I'd go for it. My SW catalog says value of nichol is two or three times ordinary. And for new in box with papers, never fired by consumer, even the blue version would be worth way over a thousand. And collectors love 29s or 629s that are pinned/recessed. Might be worth your while to try this on gunbroker at way higher than you are asking here.

Last Edited:
Thanks again! That all helps me feel more comfortable with price point of this great iconic gun :)

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.