JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any one have one of the Ruger stainless steel 18" barreled gun site scout rifles. A friend of mine is selling one and I want to know what type of accuracy I can expect. I have read some reviews, but for everyone that says the accuracy is horrible I can find one that says the accuracy is great. Any first hand experience would be appreciated.

I have one but I can't say how accurate they are as I've never shot it to check groups. I have however shot clays at 100yards with no problem hitting them every time, I call that "minute of bad guy" accurate.

Ruger_zps7ee40da2.jpg

Ruger_zps7ee40da2.jpg

Just acquired a 16" blued model.

Broke in the barrel by taking one shot and then cleaning it with a brush, then a solvent patch and then 2 dry patches for 20 rounds. Then shot 3 shot groups for another 40 rounds while cleaning between groups.

The first 2 shots out of the box at 75 yards, were overlapping each other. The third shot went thru the same hole.

I started sighting in the scope after that, but even then - at 125-150 yards I was able to hit a small paper plate every time. In fact I'd have done better shooting from a bench, so I can say the gun out shoots me at this point and time.

With an additional 2 inches on the barrel, I can't imagine it would do any worse. And the stainless model would be a nice addition. I plan to cerekote mine eventually.

Keep in mind it is a scout rifle and not a long range (over 400-600 meters) rifle. If you want to make 1000 yard shots then it is not the right firearm. If you want a very light, versatile, heavy hitting hunting/trail/hiking/camping/self defense firearm then it is certainly a good choice IMO.

Thanks for the info. I know this will not be a 1000y gun, I already have that covered. I will be using it as my westside/heavy brush hunting rifle. Your input has helped me make a decision.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top