JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any one have one of the Ruger stainless steel 18" barreled gun site scout rifles. A friend of mine is selling one and I want to know what type of accuracy I can expect. I have read some reviews, but for everyone that says the accuracy is horrible I can find one that says the accuracy is great. Any first hand experience would be appreciated.

I have one but I can't say how accurate they are as I've never shot it to check groups. I have however shot clays at 100yards with no problem hitting them every time, I call that "minute of bad guy" accurate.

Ruger_zps7ee40da2.jpg

Ruger_zps7ee40da2.jpg

Just acquired a 16" blued model.

Broke in the barrel by taking one shot and then cleaning it with a brush, then a solvent patch and then 2 dry patches for 20 rounds. Then shot 3 shot groups for another 40 rounds while cleaning between groups.

The first 2 shots out of the box at 75 yards, were overlapping each other. The third shot went thru the same hole.

I started sighting in the scope after that, but even then - at 125-150 yards I was able to hit a small paper plate every time. In fact I'd have done better shooting from a bench, so I can say the gun out shoots me at this point and time.

With an additional 2 inches on the barrel, I can't imagine it would do any worse. And the stainless model would be a nice addition. I plan to cerekote mine eventually.

Keep in mind it is a scout rifle and not a long range (over 400-600 meters) rifle. If you want to make 1000 yard shots then it is not the right firearm. If you want a very light, versatile, heavy hitting hunting/trail/hiking/camping/self defense firearm then it is certainly a good choice IMO.

Thanks for the info. I know this will not be a 1000y gun, I already have that covered. I will be using it as my westside/heavy brush hunting rifle. Your input has helped me make a decision.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top