JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
bought my sr9c a few weeks ago and just took it out today and ran 250 rounds through it no problems what so ever .. i started with the 17 round mag shot one bullet . felt good and was amassed that the sights did not need to be adjusted .. so i took 5 more and did a 2 inch group at 25 feet .. so i then just let it rip hard and fast .. nothing wrong .. so i spent the rest of the session shooting it whilst my wife shot the beretta px4 storm 9mm full size. I no problems with it what so ever. even my wife had no issues when she shot it ( although she likes the Beretta better for some reason lol) .. i used seller&bellot fmj ammo . now to figure out what defense round i want to use in it :)

p.s. its always fun to put a pistol in each hand with 17 rounds each in them and just start going hog wild as you advance on the pumpkin i used as a target in the end with a few soda bottles around it .. damn it i should have videotaped it lol oh well .. it was just like in the movies lol

I have an SR9c too. Love that gun and it is my everyday carry piece. I've shot a lot with both mags and only ever had one problem with some Hornady ammo I had. The feed ramp is a tiny bit steep and the Hornady rounds had a pretty radically truncated front end, so I did have one failure to feed issue with that ammo. So far the Ruger has eaten everything else I've put through it. I'm guessing that if I took the time to polish up the feed ramp, I'd never have any feed issues. The gun has the best trigger I've ever shot. Ruger hit a home run with the SR9c.

I have an SR9c too. Love that gun and it is my everyday carry piece. I've shot a lot with both mags and only ever had one problem with some Hornady ammo I had. The feed ramp is a tiny bit steep and the Hornady rounds had a pretty radically truncated front end, so I did have one failure to feed issue with that ammo. So far the Ruger has eaten everything else I've put through it. I'm guessing that if I took the time to polish up the feed ramp, I'd never have any feed issues. The gun has the best trigger I've ever shot. Ruger hit a home run with the SR9c.

Ditto

I carry a SR9c and shoot USPSA with a full size SR9. It is not ideal compared to the 5" guns, but I am not in it for the money and fame, just the fun and practice!

I had some problems with my first SR9c of the trigger not resetting, but Ruger customer service took care of it and replaced it, and it has been 100% ever since. I have been very happy with the gun, they hit a home run with this one!

Loving mine too. Just ordered a few more magazines from Buds. The only ammo it doesn't like very well is the Herters nylon jacketed. No FTFs or FTEs but it doesn't seem as accurate with those.

In the manual, Ruger says not to dry fire without a magazine in place.

The mag disconnect presses on the striker when there isn't a magazine installed. Dry firing can cause wear on the mag disconnect. Not sure it's that big a deal but I usually put an empty mag in before dry firing.

The magazine disconnect works by blocking the striker from going all the way forward when a magazine is not inserted into the gun pushing it out of the way. Excessive dry fire with no magazine inserted into the gun will cause the striker to slam into that block, which could cause damage of the striker or the block.

Either use an empty magazine when dry firing, or remove the disconnect. It is super simple to do and only requires removing the striker and then removing the magazine disconnect. I leave mine in on my carry gun, but on my full size SR9, I removed it because I dry fire a lot with it, and didn't want to have to fumble with magazines all the time.

Lolol..hey you can get one at wholesalesports over by cyclegear $435 out the door..have them price match northwest armory they have a bunch in stock..