JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Howdy folks,

I'm thinning my collection a little bit (no reason other than I own too much stuff!), and offering some good deals in the process.

I have a brand new and unfired Ruger SR556c. A little history on this gun:

As most of you know, Ruger entered the AR market several years ago with a piston variant. In typical Ruger fashion the SR556's were built like tanks. Unfortunately, the regular variant also felt like a tank in terms of weight. Enter the "c", or "compact" model. Ruger took the SR556 and shaved a full half-pound off the front end. They did this by fluting and shortening the barrel, so it's a 14.5" barrel with permanently attached flash hider. While only a half pound difference, this change dramatically improved the handling of the rifle. It's still a beefy rifle, but the handling is now perfect.

These SR556's are really nice piston AR's. While I haven't fired this one, I did fire the standard model (which is what caused me to purchase this.) It's definitely the smoothest shooting AR I've ever experienced, by far. Also surprisingly accurate. Some features of this AR:
  • Cold hammer-forged, chrome-lined 14.5" mil-spec 41V45 vanadium-steel barrel
  • Mil-spec T6 aluminum lower receiver
  • Chrome-plated bolt (8620 steel), bolt carrier, chamber, bore, extractor and piston
  • Proprietary two-stage piston with adjustable four-stage gas regulator (smooth!)
  • Troy Industries quad rail handguard and covers
  • High-quality HK-style Troy Industries back-up iron sites.
  • Magpul aftermarket adjustable stock (I'll include the original, too.)
  • Hogue Industries Monogrip pistol grip
  • As far as Ruger AR's go, the SR556 "c" model is/was somewhat rare. Ruger only made 10,000 of them. This is why you rarely see them for sale. There is one on Gunbroker right now, and the guy has a $1380 minimum bid and $1530 buy it now price.
  • Very high-quality build overall. Ruger was definitely making a statement when it entered the AR market. Here's a great, detailed review if you want more info on this Compact model.
Now, let's talk about price. Ruger's suggested retail on the SR-556c was $1995. Of course, it never sold for MSRP. The street price of this rifle, when it was available, was in the $1275 to $1550 price range. I paid $1429 for this one. While that might seem like a lot, you have to keep in mind that - aside from the rifle itself being a very high-quality build - it also has some expensive accessories on it. For example, the Troy BUIS alone cost $160. Likewise, the rail ain't a cheap one. If you add up all the accessories, you start to realize the entire package price makes complete sense. Again, read that review I linked and you'll learn about all the bells and whistles.

That said, I wanna sell this. So, I'm asking $1,150 for it (firm, and no trades!) You would also need to pay for insured shipping (about $50 if shipped), although I strongly prefer a FTF transaction and will give preference to the first "I'll take it, and FTF in the Beaverton area" taker. If FTF, you pay the transfer fee. I 100% guarantee you will NOT find this rifle, new in box, for this low of a price anywhere else. In fact, if this doesn't sell here, I'm going to list it on Gunbroker instead with a Buy It Now price of $1,250. On Gunbroker I suspect it will sell quickly at that price.

Rifle comes with original box, all accessories it came with (nice carrying bag, 3 pmags, manual, etc.), and I'm throwing in the Magpul stock I bought ($40) at no extra cost. It will have the original stock as well.

This is a more-than-fair deal for this particular rifle. The new owner of this is going to be really happy with it. Thanks for looking!

(I hope the image is posting...when I preview sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Regardless, it looks like a new SR556c! :D)

Ruger SR556c.JPG

This is why I've asked interested parties to post "I'll take it" here.

I now have 3 different people PM'ing me, with no one yet posting "I'll take it". Come on folks...please don't make this hard. If you want it post "I'll take it" here and then let's follow-up with a PM.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top