JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Curious but does anyone have either of these and if so, how do they handle? pretty effective or do they have issues?

Might be interested in picking up one of the two and was curious to hear what hands on reports folks around might have. My interest is in the dimensions of the both and their nice price point. I have watched a few videos online of the LCP 2 and it sounds pretty nice but I can only find a couple of the typical show case vids for the Sec 9C model.

Thanks!

Have an LCPII I love a lot. Really had no intention of buying, had a few Kel-Tec's in .32 and .380. Wife came home with a LCPII, I warned her it would not work for her, she liked the trigger in some shop and home it came. One round fired and that was it for her. I ran several boxes of ammo through it to make sure it worked and it ceased to be fun after about 25 rounds or so. By a couple hundred it was getting down right painful but the damn pistol works. It carries just like the ones it replaced. I can literally forget it is there. Only downside for me is no more pocket carry with no holster. I had carried a pistol this way since Kel-Tec hit. This one needs the trigger covered but it was worth it. It is SOOOO much nicer that the previous very long trigger pulls. Makes it far easier to shoot these little pistols. It is so light and small that even in .380 it is a handful. Lots of fun now when I just fire a few mags through it.

I see judging by size and the shake produced it probably rocks that hand each shot. I see they made a 7th round version of the LCP 2 so may help with the short grips.

I see judging by size and the shake produced it probably rocks that hand each shot. I see they made a 7th round version of the LCP 2 so may help with the short grips.

It is a handful. This is why Wife fired her's one round. She is VERY recoil sensitive. They make a base for the mags that offers a finger curve which does help. I will be adding a laser to mine as they help a LOT for me. They are impressive that they get that much power in such damn small and light package. It is of course a trade off. Mine is mostly carried as a back up or rare times I would go with no gun, it's there with me.

Had the LCP 1, definitely not a range gun. I do however want another LCP and hoping the LCPII has been improved.

It's the trigger that makes the difference. It's a lot like the trigger on a Glock. Still so small and light it's hard to be accurate but the trigger makes it a LOT easier. Handle one at a shop. It's why the Wife brought one home. I warned her it would not work for her because of the recoil. She loves her .32 Kel-Tec just not the long trigger pull. She could not shoot the .380 version due to recoil and I tried to warn her this would be the same. It was the trigger pull that made her buy it. Worked out good for me as it became mine :D:D

Shooting mine next to the lcp 1 and my buddy's Taurus TCP (the worst handgun I think I've ever fired) the lcp 2 doesn't feel as "snappy" to me. Definitely think the lcp 2 has more usable sights then the original.

Shooting mine next to the lcp 1 and my buddy's Taurus TCP (the worst handgun I think I've ever fired) the lcp 2 doesn't feel as "snappy" to me. Definitely think the lcp 2 has more usable sights then the original.
Appreciate the review, I grab one next time Im at the range. Thank you Gents.

I'm on my 2nd lcp1. Have not tried the lcp2, but love the original and carry mine most days.
IMG_20190328_014635623.jpg

Love my LCP1, I have shot the LCP2 and found the trigger was nicer. I pocket carry my LCP1 and forget that I'm even carrying it. Awesome little gun.

LCP2 with Hogue Handal grip sleeve, +1 Pierce mag extension (big hands), Critical Defense ammo, Nemesis pocket holster, two +2 spare mags in the opposite side pocket.

An observation-pocket carry is best done with 'slash' front pocket, the wider 45 degree opening offers much quicker and easier pull and deploy access then jeans type pockets with their narrower vertical opening.

as to how accurate these little pocket guns are, might want to Google Hickock45 LCP2 test...his YouTube (has dozens of gun test videos) is impressive

I've got the LCPII for long bike rides, and as a backup. Great gun just very small and light making it pretty snappy for a .380. Ruger stock grip is very narrow, adding to the snap. Garrison grips makes a good extension making it fit in a normal hand, plus the Hogue grip, and it's very comfortable to fire. Overall love the gun and highly recommend it. Super easy to conceal.

I've had the LCP 2 for just over a year and a half and have carried it as a second gun in my pocket since I acquired it.
Out of all the micro 380s I've owned (5 different models) the LCP2 comes in at number 1. We've met, I'm a big dude with moderate to large hands and with the pinky extension on the 6 rounders I can get a full 2 finger purchase on the gun.
The trigger is unbeatable in its class and after around 400 rounds I've yet to have a single malfunction. I carry it in a pocket rocket by CB which is a hybrid holster, let's just say the finish isn't the best...the polymer rubs the finish off pretty well wherever there is contact.
I've froglubed it so I'm not worried about any corrosion or anything. The Taurus TCP comes in at second place. Which I'm beyond thrilled I was able to buy it back from the dude I sold it to.

Last Edited:
I generally carry a LCP II around home, Sometimes a LCP Custom. Both are dependable. I have bought the extended seven round RUGER (NOT Pro Mag) for each and both will work in both guns, but only the LCP II magazines hold the slide back on last round.
I put a spring kit (Fort Wayne Tactical)in the Custom to make the trigger a little better and I was able to shoot it yesterday to verify. That is a improvement, but the LCP II is a much better trigger still and it is my go to 380.
I have a baker's dozen of Pocket 380's, and really except for my new Springfield 911 all are reliable. (I did put 72 round thru the 911 yesterday and will state unequivocally that it is my very best single shot 380 ever! I would prefer a Simi-auto though.) Have to get that sorted.
I do have many good guns to choose from and The LCP II is my go to choice.
I have a custom molded leather pocket holster for mine, but most come with a adequate nylon holster. If you have a blue collar lifestyle, and rub up against stuff like I am wont to do, than the extra protection of the Leather or Kydex would be justified.

I was hot to get an LCP and went down to Sportsman's warehouse yesterday to get the feel of one. Handled and dry fired the LCP and the LCP II. Both of them pinched my trigger finger on release. That was a real bummer. Tried the Sig P238 at twice the price and it was lovely.. but not sure I can handle the sticker shock. The S&W was also fine.

Do any of you have the same problem with the Ruger?

Bill, I have the LCP, LCP Custom with a smooth wider trigger, and the LCP II. I just thought the ridges on the LCP's trigger were abrading my finger slightly, I did not feel any 'pinch'. The LCP II might have pinch potential, but has not bothered me, The Custom is beautiful, wide and smooth. Ruger males some special LCP's with this wider style trigger in silver that I have seen.

All LCP's kick hard and are unpleasant to shoot at the range. I have installed the Hogue Handsall sleeve on my Custom and LCP II and that makes a big difference. I bought the Ruger extended mag for both (While they are different visually, I found them to function interchangeably, but the one for the LCP II will allow lockback on last round.) I like them.

I also have a Colt Mustang XSP (now known as 'Lite') and recently bought a Springfield 911 which are both operationally, twins to the 238. I used to say the Mustang was my favorite pocket 380 (I have 12 now) and now it is the 911 I think. It currently has unwanted lockback on a loaded magazine and is back at the factory for adjustment. I did fire 72 rounds of four different makes of ammo including P and +P, FMJ and JHP. It chambered, fired and ejected all of them just locked back every time. The 911 has better sights, better finish, is more accurate.

238's are great and have a ton of different models and prices vary according to features.

238's, Mustangs, 911's are NOT baby 1911's, they have some of the looks, but are a lot different in operation.

Just ordered a P238. I like the way it feels and I get no trigger pinch. All my Sig's seem very solid and I'm happy with them Sig charges WAY too much for their magazines.. so I'm very happy that I can use the 911 or Kimber mag in the 238 for about about 2/3's the price.

Thanks for all the good replies. Maybe I'm the only one who get's pinched.. and I'm not that cute :s0115:. I really wanted to try the LCP or the II.. but.. that idea got shot down. I'm sure I'll be very happy. Can't wait till it arrives and I can put a box thru it.

Just ordered a P238. I like the way it feels and I get no trigger pinch. All my Sig's seem very solid and I'm happy with them Sig charges WAY too much for their magazines.. so I'm very happy that I can use the 911 or Kimber mag in the 238 for about about 2/3's the price.

Thanks for all the good replies. Maybe I'm the only one who get's pinched.. and I'm not that cute :s0115:. I really wanted to try the LCP or the II.. but.. that idea got shot down. I'm sure I'll be very happy. Can't wait till it arrives and I can put a box thru it.

That one will make shooting the .380 fun. To most the LCP and it's like are not fun after a few mags.