JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was at my LGS yesterday, asking about how the business is going and was told that things just slowed WAYYYY down. An the number of people in the store reflected that. A box of ammo here, a magazine there but no 4473s happening. So, after doing some gardening and thinking, I went back to buy SOMETHING just to make sure the cash flow is there.

Long story short, I now own a Ruger PC Charger I didn't know I was gonna buy and it come with no sights or brace soooooo...... What options do people think I should go with? Has a vertical rail on the back for attaching a brace, full receiver length rail on top for an optic/sights. Completely new to the pistol caliber "carbine" thing

So I was at my LGS yesterday, asking about how the business is going and was told that things just slowed WAYYYY down. An the number of people in the store reflected that. A box of ammo here, a magazine there but no 4473s happening. So, after doing some gardening and thinking, I went back to buy SOMETHING just to make sure the cash flow is there.

Long story short, I now own a Ruger PC Charger I didn't know I was gonna buy and it come with no sights or brace soooooo...... What options do people think I should go with? Has a vertical rail on the back for attaching a brace, full receiver length rail on top for an optic/sights. Completely new to the pistol caliber "carbine" thing

And people thought I was weird for buying ammo for a gun I didn't have?. o_O You bought a gun because someone needed money flowing, and the gun doesn't even have sights. o_O We can be a strange bunch at times! :D

i like my sbpdw brace but they are a touch spendy and a bit heavier, and im pretty happy with just a sba3 brace much cheaper and lighter but not as much adjustment. If its going to be a beat around truck camping piece id go side folding braceand steel sights, if it was a range toy or part time hd id put something like a holosun 510c elite.

They of course are begging for a brace. I did watch one video showing the one downside to the folding one they were testing is the recoil had a habit of jumping the detent and unlocking the thing. So if you get a folder I would look into that first. Sure there would be some way to make this better. In any case I am surprised they are already showing up in the stores. With some kind of nice brace and even a low end optic they look like they would be one hell of a lot of fun. Not to mention a wicked house gun.

Glock mag conversion was the first thing I did. But I'm still at a loss about the sight/brace situation overall. I originally thought about putting detachable AR sights on it but that seems like they'd be pretty tall? The way it's set up it's SCREAMING for a brace, and the side folding option sounds good. Maybe I got the first model in the area?

Glock mag conversion was the first thing I did. But I'm still at a loss about the sight/brace situation overall. I originally thought about putting detachable AR sights on it but that seems like they'd be pretty tall? The way it's set up it's SCREAMING for a brace, and the side folding option sounds good. Maybe I got the first model in the area?
Ar sights would be tall but the bonus of that is most optics are designed to co whitness with them.

I take it they still come with the well for the SR9 and the Glock wells? That was one of the smartest idea's I had seen in a long time, manufacturer make their gun so it can use both theirs and Glock mags both. Suspect most of these never will see the SR insert ever used.:D
I would have to guess a set of flip up BUI would work dandy on them especially with a brace. Chances are you got one of the first ones to hit the area. When the rifle version of these hit it took a good while for shops to get them. I ordered mine off the auction. The FFL who did the transfer said he had been trying for months to get some. Meanwhile I am sitting on cases of ammo for mine waiting for the damn range to open :mad::mad:

I picked mines up on saturday as well. I have a couple of things coming in for it later this week.

20200410_144524.jpg