Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

ruger p95 magazine help

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by v0lcom13sn0w, Aug 1, 2010.

1. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Keizer, or Well-Known Member

i was wondering if anyone who has had a ruger p95 has ran into any problems with the promag 15rd mag. i just bought one today and when i put it in the gun, and pull the slide back and let it go forward everything is operating normal... when i go to pull it back again it will only slide forward half way and get jammed even when i have my thumb on the slide release... anyone know what the deal is? should i return it and buy a ruger magazine?

2. crabman21

crabman21 Wilsonville,Ore Member

pro mags are the worst mags to buy. everyone I have had didnt work. get the ruger factory mags and you will have no problems.:thumbup:

3. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Keizer, or Well-Known Member

thank you, i took back the POS promag and ordered a 15 rd ruger mag. should be here in a few days.

4. mud

mud brush prairie, wa Member

pro mags in p95 fit loose they go from to far in to not far enough all while locked in.which sucks because rugar doesnt make high cap mags theres not alot of options

5. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

What do you consider "hi cap" - new full size Rugers come with 15 or 17 round mags in 9mm flavors. Plus Mec Gar, which is the OEM for almost all the metal-framed guns out there, makes full capacity mags for them. I wouldn't waste money on anything Pro Mag made, but you can get normal or "hi cap" mags for all the 9mm Rugers.

6. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Leave the mag fully loaded for a couple of weeks/months, that seemed to help mine.
    If you can't get yours to work I'll buy'em from you.