JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have shot probably 300+ rounds through my P-95 and so far so good. However, last weekend I took it up in the woods and shot a few mag's through and then randomly it would not fully push the slide forward completely when loading the next round... which resulted in a round not firing. This was scary at first because i had a round that the trigger was pulled but nothing happened, but i pulled the round out and the bullet was not touched at all. I was going to clean the gun and try and use a little less oil and see if that was the issue. Until then has anyone else had this issue? It only happens with certain rounds of the same ammo, not every round.

I have shot probably 300+ rounds through my P-95 and so far so good. However, last weekend I took it up in the woods and shot a few mag's through and then randomly it would not fully push the slide forward completely when loading the next round... which resulted in a round not firing. This was scary at first because i had a round that the trigger was pulled but nothing happened, but i pulled the round out and the bullet was not touched at all. I was going to clean the gun and try and use a little less oil and see if that was the issue. Until then has anyone else had this issue? It only happens with certain rounds of the same ammo, not every round.

I have had my P95 for a few years and the only time i have ever had an issue was when it was dirty.

Make sure you keep it clean and well lubed. Pay particular attention to where the magazine feeds the round into the chamber.

Is it possible it could be the magazine feeding? Occasionally they also have to be cleaned or replaced. Make sure it is fully inserting as well, I bought an older one that had an issue where it just wouldn't seat properly and ended up throwing that mag away.

Try using a different magazinie and see if you can narrow it down to a partiular bad one.

As far as ammo goes. Find a brand that works well with it and stick with it. I have not had any issues with my P95 being picky but have had that issue with other guns.

Im going to clean it and make sure its all good to go and also not over lubricate it. I will also check out the two magazines i have to see if one is causing the problem more than the other. Im doubting its the ammo as its Winchester white box which is mostly all i have shot out of the gun. Hoping to go up to range on Friday so I will keep updated on what i find.

Update: I cleaned it fairly well last night and shot a few magazines thru it today and have had zero issues. So I'm assuming it was a cleaning issue especially w/ over oiling on my part.

Just a side question though, besides cleaning and lightly oiling the barrel. I also oil/grease the metal on metal contact in the slide, but what do you guys put oil on in the trigger mechanisms on the actual gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR