JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
For sale is a 2013 Ruger LCP, only 18 rounds shot through it. Comes with Ruger soft case, original box, lock, 6 round magazine and owners manual.

Need something that my wife will also be able to use.

20140311_184258.jpg 20140311_184657.jpg

Edited:
Required: Bill of Sale, ODL
prefer CHL

Price: SOLD

20140311_184258.jpg

20140311_184657.jpg

Last Edited:
Are you set on getting her a 380? I only ask because after shooting many different 380's and 9mm's my girlfriend decided she like 9mm better. More specifically my M&P Shield and Kahr CM9. A smaller gun isn't always easier to shoot because of the increased felt recoil and less grip. Just something to consider.

Are you set on getting her a 380? I only ask because after shooting many different 380's and 9mm's my girlfriend decided she like 9mm better. More specifically my M&P Shield and Kahr CM9. A smaller gun isn't always easier to shoot because of the increased felt recoil and less grip. Just something to consider.

We've been spending date night at Clackamas Public Safety Training Center on Fridays. If you haven't been there, they do have some handguns to rent and we've rented something in every caliber automatic. After taking her to the range and the gun show, she's handled full size to pocket size handguns and at the last gun show she had me take notes on which makes/models she was able to rack and felt comfortable in her hand.

My wife and I grew up together, our dad's were buddies in the Navy. So, we've been around the 1911's since we were younger. I have an ATI FX45 1911, GSG 1911-22 and my BUG is a Beretta Model 70. I bought the LCP to replace the Model 70, since I inherited it and would like to put it away in the safe. We took the LCP out to the range and that DAO trigger just doesn't feel right for either of us. I was able to pick up a Sig P238 and took it to the range the other week. She was able to put rounds on the target, but was low and to the left at 7 yards. When I shot it, I was able to put them in the x ring at 7 yards, so I think its a matter of trigger control and range time. When we shot the 9mm we were using the 92FS as I'm familiar with the M9, she didn't like it as well as the P238. I think I'd like to try out the Kahr CM9 or the Sig 938 to see what the difference in handling would be.

Yes all LCP's have fixed sights but the newer LCP has more prominent sights. You can see the difference in these pictures. Can you post up a pic up the top of the slide or just tell me if it looks like the one on the right or the left?

rear.jpg

front.jpg

Is there a reason this will not work for your wife? You mention racking the slide however that usually comes down to technique. People naturally try to pull the slide back. Instead hold the slide and push the frame forward under it. Using this technique most people are able to rack almost any slide. If it's some other reason then disregard.

Yes all LCP's have fixed sights but the newer LCP has more prominent sights. You can see the difference in these pictures. Can you post up a pic up the top of the slide or just tell me if it looks like the one on the right or the left?

I really didn't know that there was another version existed. Mine looks like the one on the left.

Is there a reason this will not work for your wife? You mention racking the slide however that usually comes down to technique. People naturally try to pull the slide back. Instead hold the slide and push the frame forward under it. Using this technique most people are able to rack almost any slide. If it's some other reason then disregard.

Even though my wife goes to the gym more than I, she is only 5' tall. She can rack my GI 1911, but she doesn't like it. Same goes for the LCP, she can rack it and shoot it, but she doesn't like it. I figure I'll get her what she likes, and then I'll be able to get one as well for my back up.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.