JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked one up and so far I love the feel and concealable factor!! Can't wait to get to the range and put some rounds thru it!! The reviews seemed great and everyone I know that has one loves it! Those that have them what do you think???

Nice I am Jealous! I just got the SR9 (first gun!) Its awesome was thinking bout the LC9 but figured cant go wrong with full size especially during a election year lol (hope no upcoming MagCap Ban!!) Definatly planning to pick of those up! (when i can afford it lol) Cant go wrong with a ruger plus 9mm in tiny pocket pistol its NO wonder they were 2011 Gun of the Year!

It is my carry weapon but I've also sent mine back to Ruger twice.

I bought mine used, supposedly ~100rd w/no problems.

Immediately had failure to fire & failure to extract issues. I sent it in to Ruger, they fixed the FTF but not FTE. Sent it in again and it's finally resolved.

In all, they replaced the firing pin twice (not sure why on the 2nd time), the firing pin spring & the extractor. (customer service was really good 2nd time around) (edit: they also polished the feed ramp)

One thing i'm still not a huge fan of, is the (imo) excessive amount of travel for the trigger reset. Demonstrated here:

Ruger LC9 - Trigger Pull Close-Up - YouTube

I believe the ftf was caused by 2 problems: (1) weak/default firing pin spring (2) brass accumulation in the firing pin hole.

Brass accumulation is still occasionally a problem but has not caused a FTF since pin+spring replacements. I've intentionally shot it with brass in the hole & it went bang.

I've since shot +/-150 rounds, 4-5 diff types of 9mm w/out issue.

I'm a bit of a Ruger fan but honestly i still wonder if the Taurus PT709 Slim would've been a better choice.

I know several LC9 carriers have not reported problems, not sure why mine had so many initially.

Man that sucks! Atleast they had great customer service! and glad they got it resolved. Mine is brand new outta the box so crossing my fingers no issues when I hit the range! My father has one and has put a couple hundred rounds thru it and no issues at all. I also dont like long trigger pulls but I figure if its something you gotta use in the heat of the moment trigger pull is my last thought, its get some rounds off and get to cover!

Nice I am Jealous! I just got the SR9 (first gun!) Its awesome was thinking bout the LC9 but figured cant go wrong with full size especially during a election year lol (hope no upcoming MagCap Ban!!) Definatly planning to pick of those up! (when i can afford it lol) Cant go wrong with a ruger plus 9mm in tiny pocket pistol its NO wonder they were 2011 Gun of the Year!

I was thinking about the SR9 compact but figured once my wife gets her CPL she'll prob carry this one in her tiny purse! then ill have an excuse to buy another one! haha

I have the SR9C and it is my favorite pistol. Even with 10rd+flat plate it's kinda big to carry concealed. I'd like to find a better conceal holster for it though.

I have the SR9C and it is my favorite pistol. Even with 10rd+flat plate it's kinda big to carry concealed. I'd like to find a better conceal holster for it though.

I think its galco that makes a new iwb kydex holster or it could be a 5.11 my buddy picked it up for around $25 for his G27 and he put my G22 in it today and you could hardly tell it was there! not sure if your a fan of iwb but it could be the way to go?

I had and carried a Ruger LC9.

My Opinion on...
Pros:
- mine was ultra reliable. It cycled everything I fed it flawlessly, including some garbage that I put through, just to test it.
- effortless concealment
- great ergonomics for a single stack 9, subcompact

Cons:
- I hate that (goshdarn) trigger.

I want to add that I had a bit of a revelation with the LC9 and a Kel Tec PF-9. I realized that accuracy was not as easy as I wanted it to be at the range. Given that, I had to face the fact that drawing it, moving, and accurately putting shots on target with a single handed grip was highly unlikely.

In my opinion, it is advisable to carry the most duty-capable firearm that you can carry on a 100% basis. This distinction is in contrast with the current trend of "buy the tiniest .380, .38 spl, or 9mm I can find". When I started pushing toward carrying something larger, instead of looking only at subs, I discovered that I have no problem at all carrying a Ruger SR9c. The SR9c gets me 10+1 or 17+1, a 17 round back up magazine, effortless accuracy, substantially improved controlability, and a firearm that I can control and operate with 1 hand, on the move.

Your views and experience with the LC9 may differ. I certainly respect that. Ultimately, each of us should carry the weapon that works best for us.

I had and carried a Ruger LC9.

My Opinion on...
Pros:
- mine was ultra reliable. It cycled everything I fed it flawlessly, including some garbage that I put through, just to test it.
- effortless concealment
- great ergonomics for a single stack 9, subcompact

Cons:
- I hate that (goshdarn) trigger.

I want to add that I had a bit of a revelation with the LC9 and a Kel Tec PF-9. I realized that accuracy was not as easy as I wanted it to be at the range. Given that, I had to face the fact that drawing it, moving, and accurately putting shots on target with a single handed grip was highly unlikely.

In my opinion, it is advisable to carry the most duty-capable firearm that you can carry on a 100% basis. This distinction is in contrast with the current trend of "buy the tiniest .380, .38 spl, or 9mm I can find". When I started pushing toward carrying something larger, instead of looking only at subs, I discovered that I have no problem at all carrying a Ruger SR9c. The SR9c gets me 10+1 or 17+1, a 17 round back up magazine, effortless accuracy, substantially improved controlability, and a firearm that I can control and operate with 1 hand, on the move.

Your views and experience with the LC9 may differ. I certainly respect that. Ultimately, each of us should carry the weapon that works best for us.

I agree the trigger does have a very long pull, and yes single handed shooting wont be very accurate with it, however unless you practice weekly if not daily accurate one handed shooting is gonna be hard to pull off with any gun. Yes a larger frame gun with more rounds gives you a better opportunity for rounds on target than a small frame pistol but lets be honest not many people work to be accurate with one hand. I shot my .380 several times one handed and was never spot on but i never expected it to be. My typical everyday carry is a xd9 with 16+1 and usually a spare 16 rd mag on my hip, I'm a larger guy and feel comfortable with it there, i opted for the LC9 due to being small but having that extra punch from the 9mm than the .380, i usually only carry the "pocket" gun when i have to run a quick errand or am going out somewhere nice with my wife or family and feel comfortable having atleast something on me if need be, i did also buy a spare mag to carry for extra rounds if needed. I'm sure i can adapt to the trigger pull with much practice. Either way my goal along with yours im sure is when the time comes to have to use the gun it does its job and we go home safely!

I carry my SR9c in a Hybrid leather/kydex holster that I made myself. It conceals really well. I carry it everyday under a tucked t-shirt at work, and usually under an untucked t-shirt at home and on weekends. I carry it with the extended finger pad on the 10 round magazine.

Had one, loved it until I found single action, now I wont touch anything else, with exceptionof SA/DA. Same thing with first shot diff if decocked.

I almost miss mine tho, seriously, the concealability was fantastic, the accuracy and reliability were on par with anything else out there.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk