JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally I would much rather someone bring a new version of the stoner/armalite AR-16 to the market. Original short stroke gas piston gun was only 6.6 pounds (for 18.3" barrel carbine model) and had folding stock (operates with stock folded too). Smaller, super clean and reliable operating system, same weight (or less with modern day materials possibly).

Last Edited:
Personally I would much rather someone bring a new version of the stoner/armalite AR-16 to the market. Original short stroke gas piston gun was only 6.6 pounds (for 18.3" barrel carbine model) and had folding stock (operates with stock folded too). Smaller, super clean and reliable operating system, same weight (or less with modern day materials possibly).
MidwayUSA bought Stoner, so all the Stoner gear out there is made for them (Bear Creek Arsenal or so I have heard). Don't know if they have rights to the the AR-16 or any other designs.

No doubt this one will generate a ton of "ho hums" and "I don't like it because..................", and Ruger will laugh all the way to the bank. Since they kicked the family out of there the Co keeps coming out with one win after another.

If other manufacturers start patterning parts based upon Ruger's then prices should come down. I would welcome it. Imagine taking an elk using a 308, change the upper to a 243 or 6.5 creedmore for deer. I wonder if an AR upper would also fit. Then the range of calibers would span from 223 to 308 on a single rifle not to mention pistol calibers.

MidwayUSA bought Stoner, so all the Stoner gear out there is made for them (Bear Creek Arsenal or so I have heard). Don't know if they have rights to the the AR-16 or any other designs.
Ugh, are you kidding me? I always figured "AR-Stoner" was some cheap knock off "uncle Larry" was riding the coat tails of. I was so sure of it I didn't even bother looking into it.
Anyway if you want a piston AR buy a 416,516, caracal insert # here: (816¿) they are decent otherwise the Brownells 180 if you need a folder. I always liked the looks of the AC556 personally. Tomato/ tomâto. IMO.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top