JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lately I've done some good things for my .375 Ruger black Alaskan, like buying reloading dies and a hand press, 100 Sierra 200 gr. RN for cheap, the Hornady factory 270 gr. @ $63 from WalMart, back-ordered some brass from Cabela's, and got a Nikon 1 x 4 scope. Will be getting the Warne QR mounts. Been lucky to get in touch with several reloaders and a retired gunsmith who share stuff. Will be getting the big 300 gr. Hornady factory for bear, use the 270 for moose, and a good bullet for caribou, maybe 220-250. bookburn

Last Edited:
I have been shooting the Barnes 300 gr Tripple Shock. Accuracy is great, just over an inch at 200 yards. Down side, copper fouling is really bad. But I will trade clean time for accuracy and the perfect killing bullet. The factory 300 gr Hornady ammo shot a cloverleaf at 50 yards. The Timney trigger was a big help. I may just have a good shooting gun. John

I have been shooting the Barnes 300 gr Tripple Shock. Accuracy is great, just over an inch at 200 yards. Down side, copper fouling is really bad. But I will trade clean time for accuracy and the perfect killing bullet. The factory 300 gr Hornady ammo shot a cloverleaf at 50 yards. The Timney trigger was a big help. I may just have a good shooting gun. John

Well, you're fearless to be firing this cannon shooting the big stuff, I guess. I have yet to fire my rifle, but remember what my .338 was like, even from the BAR I had. So I'm into reduced loads, may never fire a 300 gr. or do much with the 270 than confirm its zero, or something, before trying for a moose within 250 yards. May just try to work up a load with a 225 gr. SP for caribou, sheep, goats at about 2,400 fps, or so. Some of that small lighter bullets are very cheap. bookburn

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top