JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lately I've done some good things for my .375 Ruger black Alaskan, like buying reloading dies and a hand press, 100 Sierra 200 gr. RN for cheap, the Hornady factory 270 gr. @ $63 from WalMart, back-ordered some brass from Cabela's, and got a Nikon 1 x 4 scope. Will be getting the Warne QR mounts. Been lucky to get in touch with several reloaders and a retired gunsmith who share stuff. Will be getting the big 300 gr. Hornady factory for bear, use the 270 for moose, and a good bullet for caribou, maybe 220-250. bookburn

Last Edited:
I have been shooting the Barnes 300 gr Tripple Shock. Accuracy is great, just over an inch at 200 yards. Down side, copper fouling is really bad. But I will trade clean time for accuracy and the perfect killing bullet. The factory 300 gr Hornady ammo shot a cloverleaf at 50 yards. The Timney trigger was a big help. I may just have a good shooting gun. John

I have been shooting the Barnes 300 gr Tripple Shock. Accuracy is great, just over an inch at 200 yards. Down side, copper fouling is really bad. But I will trade clean time for accuracy and the perfect killing bullet. The factory 300 gr Hornady ammo shot a cloverleaf at 50 yards. The Timney trigger was a big help. I may just have a good shooting gun. John

Well, you're fearless to be firing this cannon shooting the big stuff, I guess. I have yet to fire my rifle, but remember what my .338 was like, even from the BAR I had. So I'm into reduced loads, may never fire a 300 gr. or do much with the 270 than confirm its zero, or something, before trying for a moose within 250 yards. May just try to work up a load with a 225 gr. SP for caribou, sheep, goats at about 2,400 fps, or so. Some of that small lighter bullets are very cheap. bookburn

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top