JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up one recently, and I hate it. Half the time I can't even tell if the dang thing is seated in the mag well. No "click". Next, I have never had a magazine with so may FTF issues. It got so bad today that I now have to take the thing apart because there are ten rounds left in the magazine, and top one has jammed so hard in the feed lips that I can't even pry it out with a screwdriver!

So, I guess it's either back to Butler Creek, or splurge and get a Tactical Innovations mag.

I'd be interested in getting this too. Haven't had a problem with any of mine.

Having another cigar meetup anytime soon?:)

I have Tactical Innovations and ruger. The old tac inn. are awsome. I had some issues with there newer ones and there customer service is horrible!!! Honestly I will not buy another tac because of this. Call ruger let them know you got a bad one. Im sure they will get you out a replacement, ruger is an awsome company.

Mine won't feed the CCI Mini mags or Subsonics, but it feeds Remington Thunderbolt, Gold box, Winchester Super X and CCI Varmint just fine.

I'm going to look up some guides on cleaning and maintenance on it and see if I can improve it's performance.

My speed loader works like a charm on it! (My BX25 has steel feed lips too. I don't know if that's standard or not)

I own 2 of them and have never had an issue. I take mine apart every 200-300rds and they are super easy to clean. I have read too many horror stories on other 10/22 magazines that aren't the BX-25.

Picked up one recently, and I hate it. Half the time I can't even tell if the dang thing is seated in the mag well. No "click". Next, I have never had a magazine with so may FTF issues. It got so bad today that I now have to take the thing apart because there are ten rounds left in the magazine, and top one has jammed so hard in the feed lips that I can't even pry it out with a screwdriver!

So, I guess it's either back to Butler Creek, or splurge and get a Tactical Innovations mag.

Same here. I have almost 20 rounds stuck in mine I used last night. However the butler creek speed loader works fine for me. I am going to give Ruger a chance to fix this before I give up on them, the BX-25's are getting mostly great reviews from what I remember. Also I have never had any bad luck with either the plastic lip or steel lip butler creek mags so for now I will be sticking with them until, I can get the BX-25 issues worked out. Based on the reviews I saw, I was thinking about switching comepletely over to the BX-25's and selling the butler creeks mags, I am glad I waited.

Not first hand knoweledge but, I hear Ruger has some of the best customer service around and I would give them a shot before you abandon the Ruger mags.

Fisherman's Marine stated they would take it back for exchange or refund. I'll try an exchange first. If it happens again, well, I don't know what to say then.

As for ammo, I was using Federal bulk ammo in the 525rd box. That's all I've ever used. Feeds fine through the Butler Creek magazine, and the Ruger BX-10 rotary mags. No issues at all with either of those.

funny, mine works fine too. +1 on ruger's customer service, call them they will straighten it out. Nothing but good things to say about them, and their products.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top