Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger BX-25

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Ironbar, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Picked up one recently, and I hate it. Half the time I can't even tell if the dang thing is seated in the mag well. No "click". Next, I have never had a magazine with so may FTF issues. It got so bad today that I now have to take the thing apart because there are ten rounds left in the magazine, and top one has jammed so hard in the feed lips that I can't even pry it out with a screwdriver!

So, I guess it's either back to Butler Creek, or splurge and get a Tactical Innovations mag.

2. KalamaMark

KalamaMark Kalama Wa Well-Known Member

I'll give ya $7 for your mag to put towards a Butler Creek mag.

3. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in getting this too. Haven't had a problem with any of mine.

Having another cigar meetup anytime soon?:)

4. blitz

blitz beaverton Active Member 2015 Volunteer

weird, i have had the best of luck with mine too.

5. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

BX-25 is the BEST magazine you can get for 10/22.

what ammo you were using?

6. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

Mine work fine, only issue is the Butler Creek speedloader doesn't work too well.

7. jmurray192

jmurray192 wilsonville oregon Active Member

I have Tactical Innovations and ruger. The old tac inn. are awsome. I had some issues with there newer ones and there customer service is horrible!!! Honestly I will not buy another tac because of this. Call ruger let them know you got a bad one. Im sure they will get you out a replacement, ruger is an awsome company.

8. JackThompson

JackThompson Valley of the Demons Well-Known Member

Mine won't feed the CCI Mini mags or Subsonics, but it feeds Remington Thunderbolt, Gold box, Winchester Super X and CCI Varmint just fine.

I'm going to look up some guides on cleaning and maintenance on it and see if I can improve it's performance.

My speed loader works like a charm on it! (My BX25 has steel feed lips too. I don't know if that's standard or not)

9. TippyTop

TippyTop Bremerton, WA Member

I own 2 of them and have never had an issue. I take mine apart every 200-300rds and they are super easy to clean. I have read too many horror stories on other 10/22 magazines that aren't the BX-25.

10. thewhitebuffalo83

thewhitebuffalo83 Gresham/Boring Well-Known Member

Same here. I have almost 20 rounds stuck in mine I used last night. However the butler creek speed loader works fine for me. I am going to give Ruger a chance to fix this before I give up on them, the BX-25's are getting mostly great reviews from what I remember. Also I have never had any bad luck with either the plastic lip or steel lip butler creek mags so for now I will be sticking with them until, I can get the BX-25 issues worked out. Based on the reviews I saw, I was thinking about switching comepletely over to the BX-25's and selling the butler creeks mags, I am glad I waited.

Not first hand knoweledge but, I hear Ruger has some of the best customer service around and I would give them a shot before you abandon the Ruger mags.

11. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Fisherman's Marine stated they would take it back for exchange or refund. I'll try an exchange first. If it happens again, well, I don't know what to say then.

As for ammo, I was using Federal bulk ammo in the 525rd box. That's all I've ever used. Feeds fine through the Butler Creek magazine, and the Ruger BX-10 rotary mags. No issues at all with either of those.

12. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

funny, mine works fine too. +1 on ruger's customer service, call them they will straighten it out. Nothing but good things to say about them, and their products.

13. Drkside45

Drkside45 chehalis wa Member

I had a couple ftf's in the first loading of my bx25. second load,..all went well. I now have at least 500rnds through it with no issues.