JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I own a LOT of CCI Standard Velocity 22LR, which I'm told is more consistent and accurate than most bargain bulk High Velocity stuff in boxes of 500-550. Got a bunch of the CCI SV (not subsonic) a few months ago thinking it would work for me like it does for my pals who swear by it.

Sadly, though, it seems to lack the oomph to cycle the action 100% (or even 70%) in some of my older 22 semi-autos. So I use plain old HV ammo in those with MUCH better reliability. Which brings me back to owning a lot of CCI Standard Velocity 22LR - that I'm not using.

Before I offer it up for sale at the gun club, I wonder how it might perform in the new Ruger 2245. Anyone here use it in your 2245? How does it function compared to HV?

Always wanted something with a suppressor, and this might be the perfect time to get one. I watched Man From U.N.C.L.E. in the 60's. So hiding in a doorway, in a snappy suit, while I quietly screw a silencer onto a pistol would make my shallow, empty life complete.

Thanks in advance for info!
uncle.jpg

Not any real answer to you question but most bulk pack HV bullets stay SS in guns with barrels less then 5". It is all I shoot out of my suppressed Kimber 1911/22.

CCI works great in my MK II, and MK III 22/45's. The only ammo that doesn't work consistently in those 2 Rugers are Remington Golden Bullets, so I stay away from them.

Federal Bulk, American Eagle, and Winchester 333s as well as the CCIs are all good to go in the 22/45s. Any Remington rounds left over I let my kids shoot in their Henry .22lr rifle.

---------------------------------------------------------
Capitalism is BO$$!!!

Interesting... I've got quite a few 22's and run std velocity in most all of them. The only ones I've had "issues" with are 22lr conversion units (Glock & 1911), which seem to like specific or hotter ammunition. My Rugers (MkII's & 22/45) run fine on std velocity CCI.

I use CCI Blazer in my suppressed pistols as it stays subsonic, is cheap and reliable. The CCI std vel cycles my semi-auto reliably, but is a bit quieter when shot in a suppressed pistol and much quieter and accurate in a suppressed rifle.

Ranb

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads