JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When I did the search, I only came up with one thread back from '08 with only a few posts in it.
Maybe there weren't enough around at that time or nobody caught it but I'd like to ask the question again.

1) Is this a worth while pistol to play with? I'm only going to use it on the bench.
2) Rifle scope or long eye relief pistol scope?

Looking forward to your responses.
:)

When I did the search, I only came up with one thread back from '08 with only a few posts in it.
Maybe there weren't enough around at that time or nobody caught it but I'd like to ask the question again.

1) Is this a worth while pistol to play with? I'm only going to use it on the bench.
2) Rifle scope or long eye relief pistol scope?

Looking forward to your responses.
:)

Depends on price, I paid full retail and it wasn't worth it. If you can get it for sub $275 go for it. I would get a 22/45 instead for cheaper at fishermans marine if I were you, if you're just looking for a plinking gun. The 22/45 is a very accurate gun, too. Go with a pistol scope. It's an ok gun, it's just a 10/22 minus the stock and with a shorter barrel. I sold it to a friend a while back and he never shoots it. Kind of a bench gun only IMO, not many uses I can see for it other than that. Unless you are going to SBR it, then it will be awesome (don't forget the suppressor).

I had one. It's a fun little gun but I never used it as much as I thought I would. It's a heavy pistol and I don't do much bench shooting. On the bench, it rocked. As accurate as any 10/22 rifle. ;)

I never used it as much as I thought I would.

I'm glad you mentioned that.
This is what I'm afraid is going to happen. Unless I go somewhere where there is a bench, I'll just leave it home.

The Charger is the most fun gun I have (Savage .17, 10/22, Sig Mosquito, Kahr MK9, Springfield XD40, DPMS AP4, and Mossberg 590). I mostly shoot off a bench, but shoot offhand as well. I had a red dot on it (5 moa) and I started to get bored with it. I recently got a cheap extended eye relief scout scope, that goes up to 9x. The red dot just doesn't do the Charger justice. I wouldn't recommend a Charger if it was going to be your only handgun, as it is more of a hybrid than a true rifle or pistol. Just be careful because you can really get a lot of $$$ tied up into one, just like a 10/22.:eek:
DSC01237.jpg

I've got plenty of other 22's but nothing I would use to challenge someone to see who's buying lunch for a bullseye shoot.
That's why I was thinking of it.

I've shot the staples out of my wife's target she was shooting at at 25 yards, there's gotta be a some kind of challenge/bet in that. It's trickier than one might think since the staples, re-staple the paper when you shoot them, meaning the wire bends around the bullet hole and continues to hold the paper.

I've got plenty of other 22's but nothing I would use to challenge someone to see who's buying lunch for a bullseye shoot.
That's why I was thinking of it.
Since we can't have SBR's in WA, that's the only way to get a 10" barrel on a 10/22. I've seen a chart somewhere that showed a 10" barrel on a 10/22 was ideal for both accuracry and velocity.

I liked mine, just didn't use it as much as I thought I would.

I picked up a Charger last year and have had it to the range a number of times since. It's a fun gun to own, a fun gun to shoot, and it can lead to a pleasant day of diversion at the range. It's definitely an acquired taste, however, and not for everyone. I've had a number of folks ask about it when they see it, and I always ask them if they want to try it a time or two. Most of them say yes, most of them will run a few rounds through it, most of them will thank me for the opportunity, and most of them will quickly shuffle away. Only one person has indicated any real interest after the shooting experience, though when I saw him weeks later he admitted that he had other higher priorities than adding a Charger to his stable of guns.

My advice is that if you are thinking of getting one, you'd definitely want to try one out first before committing to the purchase.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top