JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There was a mention of WD-40 on a couple of posts in this thread. Well, let me tell you how I have used WD-40.
Years ago I was an auto mechanic. When we got an engine wet and it wouldn't start, we would spray it all over with WD-40. This would displace the water and we could then start it. I have heard that the "WD" stands for "Water Displacement." Don't know if that is true or not. But, I would say that if you ever use WD-40 on any metal object, it should be cleaned and oiled afterward.

There was a mention of WD-40 on a couple of posts in this thread. Well, let me tell you how I have used WD-40.
Years ago I was an auto mechanic. When we got an engine wet and it wouldn't start, we would spray it all over with WD-40. This would displace the water and we could then start it. I have heard that the "WD" stands for "Water Displacement." Don't know if that is true or not. But, I would say that if you ever use WD-40 on any metal object, it should be cleaned and oiled afterward.

That was before they changed the formulation. Now it's no better than kerosene with some water in it for dilution.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top