JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I did a trade a while back and took in a really nice shape Rossi 62SA rifle.
The rifle is a copy of the Winchester 62.
I know when they were made from. ( 1970-1998)
What I would like to find out is when mine was made.
Serial # is G 222XXX
Markings are as follows:
Rossi trademark on left side of the receiver ( lower , middle )
.22 SHORT , LONG OR LONG RIFLE on the barrel near the receiver.
AMADEO ROSSI S.A. mid barrel ( upper )
INTERARMS ALEXANDRIA , VIRGINA MODEL 62SA mid barrel ( left side )
MADE IN BRAZIL mid barrel ( right side )

I've looked in many a book and checked out a bunch of web sites and no help so far.
Thank you for any help ...
Andy

Last Edited:
Andy I hope you can find out serial numbers to dates of manufacture. I have one also that I bought 6 years ago to take the strain of shooting off my Winchester Model 1906 Evpert half nickle. A very close copy of the 1906/62. Wish they still made them. I like the fact that mine had a longer barrel than my 1906. My next .22 rifle purchase will be a Henry with the 24" barrel. I had been emailing them for years about making a 24" barrel rifle and now that they make them I will buy one. I guess I will also buy the .22 mag version to shoot the 2,000 rounds of 22WRF I purchased 7 years ago for a 1906 WRF rifle that the deal fell through. I can buy both new Henry's for less than one 1906 in good condition either in .22 or .22WRF.

Andy,I have a Rossi revolver marked "Garcia Co. WA.,D.C."

I was told on another forum (cant remember which one,sorry!) that Garcia was the sole Rossi importer from 1969-1978.Then Interarms was the importer from 1978-1992.Then Rossi was bought by Taurus.
There was another importer from 1961/1962 -1969 but i cant remember the name.

Here is a link to some info on the 62s.
Rossi 62A Date of Manufacture - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Hope it helps

Thanks fellas! Any little bit helps.

Gaucho Gringo,
I like those Henry's too.
Been thinking of the Henry Small Game rifle , while not having a 24 inch barrel , it does have some great peep sights.
A Winchester 62A would be nice ... but if I got one in as nice of shape as this Rossi It would be over a thousand bucks...:eek:
So the Rossi works for what I wanted. A good shooting , light weight pump .22.

Stuka,
Thanks for the link , that helped some.
After reading it , I *think* mine was made in the late 70's to 1980.
Which is more than I thought or knew before...:)
Andy

If today was yesterday I'd tell you that there was a secret marking on the bottom of the hammer right under the sear that'd say how old it was.
and I wouldn't say just kidding

DSC06583.jpg
Just thought I'd add a picture of the rifle...
Andy

I'm 99% sure that was the first rifle my father gave me, though that one was stainless. My older brother had one too. I didn't have mine long as the firing pin broke. Dad brought it back to the sporting goods store, which was run by a family friend, and the proprietor exchanged the busted rifle for a Ruger 10/22.

They are neat little pump actions. 'gratz on the trade. :)

I have shot shorts and CB caps in my rifle.
Both were super quiet almost Elmer Fudd " Be very , very quiet" .
The shorts fed and fired fine ... The CB's shot well also.
Andy

Last Edited:
I don't know if any of this helps but I have been reading through a number of old threads where people are trying to determine the date of a Rossi 62 SA. What I can say for certain is that mine has the Serial # G14243 and as everyone seems to know, the locator on the Rossi website seems next best to useless. However, I notice that when you undo the screw on the left side and take the rear section away, stamped inside both metal sections is a number. In my case this reads 1995 which I am assuming to be a year of manufacture. However, that does not fit well with what I am reading about production dates because the serial number seems to be low yet I have read that production ended in 1998. This example has the 23" barrel and the following stamped in various locations: AMADEO ROSSI S.A.; MADE IN BRAZIL FIREARMS INT'L CORP. WASHINGTON D.C. and 22 SHORT - LONG or LONG RIFLE. The ROSSI Trade Mark has IND.BRAS. MARC. REG around it. Maybe this fills in some gaps for somebody?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top