JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I did a trade a while back and took in a really nice shape Rossi 62SA rifle.
The rifle is a copy of the Winchester 62.
I know when they were made from. ( 1970-1998)
What I would like to find out is when mine was made.
Serial # is G 222XXX
Markings are as follows:
Rossi trademark on left side of the receiver ( lower , middle )
.22 SHORT , LONG OR LONG RIFLE on the barrel near the receiver.
AMADEO ROSSI S.A. mid barrel ( upper )
INTERARMS ALEXANDRIA , VIRGINA MODEL 62SA mid barrel ( left side )
MADE IN BRAZIL mid barrel ( right side )

I've looked in many a book and checked out a bunch of web sites and no help so far.
Thank you for any help ...
Andy

Last Edited:
Andy I hope you can find out serial numbers to dates of manufacture. I have one also that I bought 6 years ago to take the strain of shooting off my Winchester Model 1906 Evpert half nickle. A very close copy of the 1906/62. Wish they still made them. I like the fact that mine had a longer barrel than my 1906. My next .22 rifle purchase will be a Henry with the 24" barrel. I had been emailing them for years about making a 24" barrel rifle and now that they make them I will buy one. I guess I will also buy the .22 mag version to shoot the 2,000 rounds of 22WRF I purchased 7 years ago for a 1906 WRF rifle that the deal fell through. I can buy both new Henry's for less than one 1906 in good condition either in .22 or .22WRF.

Andy,I have a Rossi revolver marked "Garcia Co. WA.,D.C."

I was told on another forum (cant remember which one,sorry!) that Garcia was the sole Rossi importer from 1969-1978.Then Interarms was the importer from 1978-1992.Then Rossi was bought by Taurus.
There was another importer from 1961/1962 -1969 but i cant remember the name.

Here is a link to some info on the 62s.
Rossi 62A Date of Manufacture - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Hope it helps

Thanks fellas! Any little bit helps.

Gaucho Gringo,
I like those Henry's too.
Been thinking of the Henry Small Game rifle , while not having a 24 inch barrel , it does have some great peep sights.
A Winchester 62A would be nice ... but if I got one in as nice of shape as this Rossi It would be over a thousand bucks...:eek:
So the Rossi works for what I wanted. A good shooting , light weight pump .22.

Stuka,
Thanks for the link , that helped some.
After reading it , I *think* mine was made in the late 70's to 1980.
Which is more than I thought or knew before...:)
Andy

If today was yesterday I'd tell you that there was a secret marking on the bottom of the hammer right under the sear that'd say how old it was.
and I wouldn't say just kidding

DSC06583.jpg
Just thought I'd add a picture of the rifle...
Andy

I'm 99% sure that was the first rifle my father gave me, though that one was stainless. My older brother had one too. I didn't have mine long as the firing pin broke. Dad brought it back to the sporting goods store, which was run by a family friend, and the proprietor exchanged the busted rifle for a Ruger 10/22.

They are neat little pump actions. 'gratz on the trade. :)

I have shot shorts and CB caps in my rifle.
Both were super quiet almost Elmer Fudd " Be very , very quiet" .
The shorts fed and fired fine ... The CB's shot well also.
Andy

Last Edited:
I don't know if any of this helps but I have been reading through a number of old threads where people are trying to determine the date of a Rossi 62 SA. What I can say for certain is that mine has the Serial # G14243 and as everyone seems to know, the locator on the Rossi website seems next best to useless. However, I notice that when you undo the screw on the left side and take the rear section away, stamped inside both metal sections is a number. In my case this reads 1995 which I am assuming to be a year of manufacture. However, that does not fit well with what I am reading about production dates because the serial number seems to be low yet I have read that production ended in 1998. This example has the 23" barrel and the following stamped in various locations: AMADEO ROSSI S.A.; MADE IN BRAZIL FIREARMS INT'L CORP. WASHINGTON D.C. and 22 SHORT - LONG or LONG RIFLE. The ROSSI Trade Mark has IND.BRAS. MARC. REG around it. Maybe this fills in some gaps for somebody?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top