JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In the last two years, not much new has been released. The stuff that has, tends to be just put into circulation with minimal promotion.

Rock Island aka Armscor, rarely promotes their stuff and most of what they make just sort of appears on the market without my knowing. This is another example of that. This thing has been out for a bit, yet I had no idea it existed. Looks like a great solution to my full size all metal pistol search of a few months/years ago that I never resolved.

Its a full steel receiver, with two clamshell aluminum pieces bolted to it to make up the frame. The slide is optic ready and it is essentially a third generation G17. Takes Glock magazines, and Gen 3 triggers. I'm unsure if other Glock parts are compatible, like internal parts or if you can swap slides and barrels.

Looks pretty cool!

1632581997826.jpeg
1632582089883.jpeg

Man, not typically a fan of most new SA pistols (or Glocks in general) but this takes it to a new level !

The review only had a couple detractors and #1 for me was the rear sight issue with no real provision to install an aftermarket. In another review the narrator mentioned the removable sight plate "For mounting an optic which is a modern thing that EVERYBODY wants' - well I don't think 'everybody' wants one including me. The 1911 grip angle was a huge plus for me - and probably will be for many as well. Non-replaceable grip panels have been a 'pet peeve' for me but not a deal breaker.

I don't care for the rail on the upper but I could live with it. Otherwise I am impressed and want to see and handle one soon!

Last Edited:
Man, not typically a fan of most new SA pistols (or Glocks in general) but this takes it to a new level !

The review only had a couple detractors and #1 for me was the rear sight issue with no real provision to install an aftermarket. In another review the narrator mentioned the removable sight plate "For mounting an optic which is a modern thing that EVERYBODY wants' - well I don't think 'everybody' wants one including me. The 1911 grip angle was a huge plus for me - and probably will be for many as well. Non-replaceable grip panels have been a 'pet peeve' for me but not a deal breaker.

I don't care for the rail on the upper but I could live with it. Otherwise I am impressed and want to see and handle one soon!
While I'm not a fan of red dots on pistols, with something like this, I could make an exception and give it a try. Be cool if they made another without the slide cut though.

Be cool if they made another without the slide cut though.
I could probably live without them but they did it most likely to keep weight down.

I hope ( and i am sure they did) machine in some good, heavy duty index guides on the frame halves. I found a picture on the right side of the frame and it appears the the frame screw holes are tapped.

I would have preferred they had used fitted, recessed nuts so the issue of stripped frame screw holes would never be an issue.. I tried to find a good pic of the right side of the frame screws holes and the one I did it appears they are threaded however I really don't see any reason to split the frame UNLESS it is required to remove some of the internals and I hope they designed it so this does not have to be done.

Kinda like the frame covers on S & W revolvers. Other than a one time removal to inspect and clean the internals (or to make repairs) is often the only time needed to remove it.

Last Edited:
I would love to see more all metal frame guns but they lose me with those slide cutouts every time. I have a hard time overlooking a cosmetic design feature that literally makes the gun more subjective to failure and they seem like all the tacticool rage these days.

Read up on a few different places, looks like slides are compatible. Barrels might not be though.

Be cool if Glock made a Glock with a metal frame. I want one that looks "right" and has that familiar Glock feel to it.

Yea I really want to see one.

It could change my mind about a 9mm 1911 considering the grip is based on 1911 shape and angle.

Still 'on the fence' with the split frame but I need to see one close up to decide.
I'd love to handle one. I doubt that will happen these days though. Bimart carries Rock island and Armscor stuff so I'm hoping one day in one of their stores I might see this and get to see if it comes home.

so I'm hoping one day in one of their stores I might see this
Yea hoping the same myself in my local Bi Mart in LaPine.

I have in the past scored two hard to find guns at it and they actually have a RIA 9mm 1911 in stock!

It is the standard version however if it were the 'Rock' model I might already have it!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top