JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't seem to stop visiting Rock Island Armory's pages. Specifically I'm jonesing on this little guy:

Rock Island TAC Ultra CS 45ACP

It looks like a good CCW size for a medium-size fella like me. The price seems high, but what isn't these days?

Any Rock Island shooters out there? What is your experience with RIA firearms?

Any Rock Island shooters out there? What is your experience with RIA firearms?
No experience, just chiming in but as a 1911 fan following RIA they have always had a stellar reputation for reliability and features found on higher end brands but with an affordable price tag. IIRC the reason is they are not made in the USA... so if a non-american made 1911 is ok with you go for it. Me, I would (if I needed another 1911..).

Just picked up my RIA 1911 FS HC 10mm yesterday. Haven't got to shoot it yet, but the fit and finish is well worth the price. Not the nicest 1911, but hopefully the perfect woods gun in a chest holster.

20221116_171921.jpg

Made in the Philippines, which is greatly to be preferred to you-know-where. The only feature missing is the Colt-style relief at the rear of the trigger guard. Now, just find a shop that will do cost+ and you are packin' heat!

@sigmadog - hadn't seen you in a while. Good to see you back.
That RIA looks a lot like my Kimber Custom Shop CDP. The compact size is great for carrying, and if anything like mine, a great shooter.
Good to be back! I haven't shot in over a year and feel it's time to get back in it.

Made in the Philippines, which is greatly to be preferred to you-know-where. The only feature missing is the Colt-style relief at the rear of the trigger guard. Now, just find a shop that will do cost+ and you are packin' heat!
Good call. I didn't notice that. Sometimes it's hard to see what isn't there.

I picked up anew Rock Island Ultra FS a couple months ago. For the $, I feel it is hard to beat. I have only put 150 or so rounds through it so far, but it has handled factory 230 gr FMJ, and 230 gr JHP,along with handloads of 185 gr JHP, 200 gr poly coated RN, and 230 gr RN and FMJ bullets without a single hiccup. The factory magazine is crude, but it really likes my Taurus PT-1911 and CM Shooting Star mags.

BCE356E5-629E-42CA-8218-135D7E2DC947.jpeg

I have one in 9mm that I built from a kit.
That was a fun crash course in 1911 function!
It runs like a top. I did all my action range training and certification with it. 600 rounds and not a hickup!
I'd buy a 10mm in a heartbeat!

I wanted to "dip my toe" into 9mm in a 1911. I have, & have had more than a few 1911's in 45. I bought a Rock Ultra FS a few years ago, & couldn't be happier. It's just the most pleasant thing to shoot. It's never hiccupped. I bought it as a range toy, but would trust my life to it.

No experience, just chiming in but as a 1911 fan following RIA they have always had a stellar reputation for reliability and features found on higher end brands but with an affordable price tag. IIRC the reason is they are not made in the USA... so if a non-american made 1911 is ok with you go for it. Me, I would (if I needed another 1911..).
100 years ago, it would have been part of the US.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top