JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember Bozo. I never really got the concept of clowns when I was younger. But back then clowns were generally regarded as harmless and friendly.
I also remember when Willard Scott was Ronald McDonald.

B1495EF5-6A65-429D-BBFC-0D4BC50881F3.jpeg

Die motherbubblegummer, die, Die, DIE!!!! :eek:

Burn the body, QUICK!! :eek:

We didn't have television when I was a youth, so I never saw an episode of this program. I was never a fan of clowns either and to this day do not understand the appeal. However, he did seem to make an impression on popular culture.

We didn't have television when I was a youth, so I never saw an episode of this program. I was never a fan of clowns either and to this day do not understand the appeal. However, he did seem to make an impression on popular culture.

WOW! You were a kid before TELEVISION? Holy crap! I thought I was old!

:s0114: :s0030:

I'm not sure he's old. I think they just didn't have a tv. Which ain't all bad. Unless your a JR Ewing fan like myself.

WOW! You were a kid before TELEVISION? Holy crap! I thought I was old!

:s0114: :s0030:

No, I'm not that old (just past the four-o mark). We just lived in a remote location in Oregon. We could pickup a little radio. Kinda/sorta/not really a single television signal (ABC). Cable wasn't a thing back then outside of town. We were on a party line for telephone.

The family did eventually invest in a television set and connected it to a craptastic CED player*, which was quickly replaced with a VHS, for the watching of home movies.

* Anyone remember these? :s0114:

Star-Wars-Stereo-Capacitance-Electronic-Disc-System-Videodisc.jpg

I'm not sure he's old. I think they just didn't have a tv. Which ain't all bad. Unless your a JR Ewing fan like myself.

Correcto. Most people in town, including some relation, had access to said. Just not us.

No, I'm not that old (just past the four-o mark). We just lived in a remote location in Oregon. We could pickup a little radio. Kinda/sorta/not really a single television signal (ABC). Cable wasn't a thing back then outside of town. We were on a party line for telephone.

The family did eventually invest in a television set and connected it to a craptastic CED player*, which was quickly replaced with a VHS, for the watching of home movies.

* Anyone remember these? :s0114:

View attachment 442897

Correcto. Most people in town, including some relation, had access to said. Just not us.

WOW! Just past Four-0! You're just a kid! Just having fun with you, no offense intended.

No TV and only 40-ish. That must have been some remote area. Not that there's one thing wrong with that. I kind of crave something more like that now rather than living IN PDX! I do remember when I was like, eight maybe, going to stay a couple of weeks with some family friends in Gunnison, Utah. 1963-4 maybe. We lived in SLC. They were pretty remote. When they wanted to watch TV, they had a tower, that they'd crank up into the sky to get the antennae high enough to get a signal. They couldn't leave it up, I guess, because it would blow over with wind.

We never had TV when I was a little kid either. My dad worked for a goverment contractor that maintained radio communications for the military.

So we lived in eastern Turkey, not too far from the Syrian border. Fun place for a little blonde kid!! It actually wasn't that bad, all Americans in our building, but crappy TV reception.

Except once a month, I could get Felix the Cat cartoons out of Syria using a dipole antenna my dad built for me.

WOW! Just past Four-0! You're just a kid! Just having fun with you, no offense intended.

No TV and only 40-ish. That must have been some remote area. Not that there's one thing wrong with that. I kind of crave something more like that now rather than living IN PDX! I do remember when I was like, eight maybe, going to stay a couple of weeks with some family friends in Gunnison, Utah. 1963-4 maybe. We lived in SLC. They were pretty remote. When they wanted to watch TV, they had a tower, that they'd crank up into the sky to get the antennae high enough to get a signal. They couldn't leave it up, I guess, because it would blow over with wind.

Most certainly no offense taken. And it was indeed a remote area, at least back then. Though our circumstances were "humble", to put it charitably, it was a lovely childhood.

My family lives out in the country presently, but candidly, I wouldn't mind living much farther away from "civilization". Perhaps when we retire and the wee-ones are adults. But that is another topic. :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top