JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember Bozo. I never really got the concept of clowns when I was younger. But back then clowns were generally regarded as harmless and friendly.
I also remember when Willard Scott was Ronald McDonald.

B1495EF5-6A65-429D-BBFC-0D4BC50881F3.jpeg

Die motherbubblegummer, die, Die, DIE!!!! :eek:

Burn the body, QUICK!! :eek:

We didn't have television when I was a youth, so I never saw an episode of this program. I was never a fan of clowns either and to this day do not understand the appeal. However, he did seem to make an impression on popular culture.

We didn't have television when I was a youth, so I never saw an episode of this program. I was never a fan of clowns either and to this day do not understand the appeal. However, he did seem to make an impression on popular culture.

WOW! You were a kid before TELEVISION? Holy crap! I thought I was old!

:s0114: :s0030:

I'm not sure he's old. I think they just didn't have a tv. Which ain't all bad. Unless your a JR Ewing fan like myself.

WOW! You were a kid before TELEVISION? Holy crap! I thought I was old!

:s0114: :s0030:

No, I'm not that old (just past the four-o mark). We just lived in a remote location in Oregon. We could pickup a little radio. Kinda/sorta/not really a single television signal (ABC). Cable wasn't a thing back then outside of town. We were on a party line for telephone.

The family did eventually invest in a television set and connected it to a craptastic CED player*, which was quickly replaced with a VHS, for the watching of home movies.

* Anyone remember these? :s0114:

Star-Wars-Stereo-Capacitance-Electronic-Disc-System-Videodisc.jpg

I'm not sure he's old. I think they just didn't have a tv. Which ain't all bad. Unless your a JR Ewing fan like myself.

Correcto. Most people in town, including some relation, had access to said. Just not us.

No, I'm not that old (just past the four-o mark). We just lived in a remote location in Oregon. We could pickup a little radio. Kinda/sorta/not really a single television signal (ABC). Cable wasn't a thing back then outside of town. We were on a party line for telephone.

The family did eventually invest in a television set and connected it to a craptastic CED player*, which was quickly replaced with a VHS, for the watching of home movies.

* Anyone remember these? :s0114:

View attachment 442897

Correcto. Most people in town, including some relation, had access to said. Just not us.

WOW! Just past Four-0! You're just a kid! Just having fun with you, no offense intended.

No TV and only 40-ish. That must have been some remote area. Not that there's one thing wrong with that. I kind of crave something more like that now rather than living IN PDX! I do remember when I was like, eight maybe, going to stay a couple of weeks with some family friends in Gunnison, Utah. 1963-4 maybe. We lived in SLC. They were pretty remote. When they wanted to watch TV, they had a tower, that they'd crank up into the sky to get the antennae high enough to get a signal. They couldn't leave it up, I guess, because it would blow over with wind.

We never had TV when I was a little kid either. My dad worked for a goverment contractor that maintained radio communications for the military.

So we lived in eastern Turkey, not too far from the Syrian border. Fun place for a little blonde kid!! It actually wasn't that bad, all Americans in our building, but crappy TV reception.

Except once a month, I could get Felix the Cat cartoons out of Syria using a dipole antenna my dad built for me.

WOW! Just past Four-0! You're just a kid! Just having fun with you, no offense intended.

No TV and only 40-ish. That must have been some remote area. Not that there's one thing wrong with that. I kind of crave something more like that now rather than living IN PDX! I do remember when I was like, eight maybe, going to stay a couple of weeks with some family friends in Gunnison, Utah. 1963-4 maybe. We lived in SLC. They were pretty remote. When they wanted to watch TV, they had a tower, that they'd crank up into the sky to get the antennae high enough to get a signal. They couldn't leave it up, I guess, because it would blow over with wind.

Most certainly no offense taken. And it was indeed a remote area, at least back then. Though our circumstances were "humble", to put it charitably, it was a lovely childhood.

My family lives out in the country presently, but candidly, I wouldn't mind living much farther away from "civilization". Perhaps when we retire and the wee-ones are adults. But that is another topic. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top