JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wife was telling me that when I was getting ready for work. Damn talk about a life well lived. He was quite the damn pilot and the rare exception to the old rule. I have heard a lot of pilots say "there are old pilots and bold pilots but, there are no old bold pilots." Damn if he did not prove to be the exception there. Hope he's flying again now. RIP Chuck!

A Warrior to Valhalla.

It was my great honor to spend significant time with him on two occasions at a Safari Club convention and at a Shot Show.

I shared a dinner table of 8-10 Leupold luminaries with him (I was seated one person away) on the second occasion, during which time he regaled the whole table with combat exploits and one borderline off-color joke regarding a dogfight. Those were the stories others wanted to hear.

What I will remember most about the man is his deep, clear, and shockingly blue eyes. (This when he was in his 70's). Given a chance to sway the conversation, I asked him what guns he liked most or what were his current favorites. Those glacial blue eyes lit up and he began to tell me about a Model 88 Winchester .243 that he had sent to Rogue River Rifle Works in Oregon to have accurized and was "shootin' the hell out of it" ever since, and even had pictures in his wallet.

When the festivities had subsided, knowing his hotel was same as mine, I offered to walk him back and he cheerfully accepted, drawling, "That'll give us another 10 minutes to talk guns!" When we parted to our rooms, I asked what his plans were for the next day. "Well, those boys over at Nellis want me to come over and do some flyin' with 'em." At 70-plus, he was gonna strap himself to an F-15.

That day I walked with a giant.

Today I cried.

Last Edited:
Life in Photos (mostly portraits)
https://www.herald-dispatch.com/mul...ion_09247e7a-73de-5611-b814-a8ad3dec0cc9.html

Few here:

Few books can access online thru Google Books:
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&hl=en&q="Chuck+Yeager"

E6BAFA61-1153-4793-BE86-3871B3B435B9.png Legend of air power, great American. RIP!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top