JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Required?
No.

Adjustable objective at 50-75 yards vs a regular rifles setting at 100-150 yards.

I have a Bergara that has an optic on it of equal value with an adjustable objective, nutz on with no parallax shift at any distance.

Thank you for the above link. My questions have been answered and down a rabbit hole I went. Pretty much decided on Track Optics scope with adjustable objective for my T1x.

A rimfire scope normally has the parallax zeroed at 50 yards instead of 100 yards. Probably cheaper construction since they don't have to tolerate as much recoil.

Last Edited:
Other than the parallax setting on fixed-power scopes, it is common for adjustable-power rimfire scopes to have finer reticules (crosshairs) because regular reticules cover more of the target at higher powers.

I like Leupold 2-7 Rimfire scopes. Enough power for the ranges I shoot at. Fixed parallax at 60 yards means no real issues, and the rear bell is smaller than most, so you can mount it lower on some bolt actions.

At the other extreme, I am fond of my Lyman 20X Super Targetspot, but it is not handy for carry in the woods.

So from your responses, I'll rephrase. What does a rimfire scope give different from other scopes?
Okay, that tracks.
As others stated above, you get what you pay for. Rimfire scopes can be cheap and perfectly serviceable, or more expensive and finely tuned for their short-range applications. The more expensive options won't necessarily be overbuilt the same way that scopes designed for centerfire use are ,but offer fine tuning instead.

If you find a Leupold scope that you want to put on a rimfire, the factory will reset the parallax setting to any distance you want. DR
Now that's a bit of excellent information.
I keep grabbing the same little 1.5-5×20 leupold for plinker 10 22s. Since they are not intended for the bench , I don't think a parallax reset is necessary. But now I got my wheels turnin

I have a Leupold 2-7 Rimfire that was $200 when I bought it, $300 now. I'll buy another one in that line for my next rimfire. The only downside is the turret cannot be zeroed. I wish it could be (non zero turret is the old design). New ones have a zeroing turret.

BTW: this has a 60 yard focal plane.

I run this optic out to 200 yards on a Bergara BXR Carbon.

Clearer than a $700 Vortex on my Bergara BMR Carbon.

The leupold rimfire series from about 7-10 years ago are a nice scope. I don't have experience with their current rimfire scope line, hopefully still comperable.

Some of mine have regular scopes, some have .22 scopes. The one that gets used most by far is my suppressed 77/22. I has had a BSA Sweet .22 2-7x on it for well over a decade. BDC is close and I run it out to 300 yards since that is how far I have from my back porch.

Some of mine have regular scopes, some have .22 scopes. The one that gets used most by far is my suppressed 77/22. I has had a BSA Sweet .22 2-7x on it for well over a decade. BDC is close and I run it out to 300 yards since that is how far I have from my back porch.
The BSA Sweet 22 is a fr we along bargain for the money. Years ago before I could afford premium glass, I bought a used one and was very satisfied with it. Ended up getting some more to compliment the rest of the rifles I had.

The BSA Sweet 22 is a fr we along bargain for the money. Years ago before I could afford premium glass, I bought a used one and was very satisfied with it. Ended up getting some more to compliment the rest of the rifles I had.
Yeah, a few times I have thought about "upgrading" to a "better" scope, but this has done everything I have asked it to.