JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which eye is dominate

• Total voters
I am left eye dominant, but over time I have lost some visual acuity in my left eye (and not my right) so I have switched to right. (I am right handed). I have gone through the exercise with other shooters, and improved their groups significantly by switching to the dominant eye.

I am right handed and left eye dominant, but due to my eyesight and contact lens prescription fluctuating over time, this has not always been the case. I only started shooting firearms a few years ago but I've been into photography for over 15 years and I remember a time when I held the camera up to my right eye. I was actually pretty surprised a few years ago when, for the first time in a long while, I shouldered a rifle right handed and couldn't get the sights to line up. Handguns I have no problem with as the sights are further away from my body, but I have to shoot rifles left handed, even with a scope. And yeah, shooting a rifle with my left hand that has right-hand controls has its own kind of crazy learning curve.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top