JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The MSM could provide a lot of info without speaking the name or showing the image allright.

It's unrealistic that the name would never get out or that people would not seek it out in a free society, but no over the air broadcasts that say aloud his name might get traction.

MSM online links that sparingly use his name and image only by those seeking it out should be the norm, not every talking head on the News saying it repeatedly 24/7.

That might go a long way to curbing copycat creeps from getting ideas.

Good luck with getting news organizations to comply though.

I'm a compassionate Christian. I pray for and have sympathy for the poor tortured soul that becomes the devil's instrument as much as those he slays.

But for bubblegums sake, PLEASE stop glamorizing the piece of bubblegum! Jeez! Ostracize! Don't fuc'n sympathize! But you know what? They won't - 'cause the more this bullbubblegum happens, the more ratings they get. The media loves mass shootings. There is no better news on the face of the earth. So good luck with that.

I understand the fascination people have with things like this, people like this. They want to look into the world of another human being and try to figure out why, how, when things went wrong. They are flirting with evil. Or the idea of evil. Its Human nature to want to understand subversion and those outside societies norms.

That being said, no, we shouldn't give a damn bit of notice to a human that does this, beyond attempting to find ways to stop it from happening in the future. The publics attention should be centered around the victims, their families and healing.

If there is a bit of silver lining to any of this, it is that there seems to be a young man that stood to fight against the monster this time, and he can hopefully be an example of what needs to happen in these situations. We need to stop reinforcing a hide and cower mentality and openly praise and encourage those in the herd that take the opportunity, when it presents itself, to act for the greater good and raise up against the scum.

The next creep waiting in the wings to shoot up a School, knows for a fact that the man who holds the highest office in the land will give him an indirect shout out across all media outlets while at the same time chastising all of America on guns.

Attention and name recognition after death that they never had a hope of getting in their pathetic little lives on Earth. A fast track to being part of History if you will.

That's a huge incentive for sick minds full of rage and envy towards a society they can't seem to click with.

Barack Husein Obama promised us he would continue this routine. He even likes to count up the lectures he has given after each shooting, fifteen now he tells us.

He and the media have no intention of downplaying these shootings despite history showing all these shooters are after some sort of fame.

The media who are big on self censoring words and phrases that assist the progressive agenda like, "Illegal Alien", have no intention of keeping the names and photos of rampage shooters out of the spotlight.

Is it because more rampage shootings help their Progressive agenda by creating more possible restrictions on guns?

Figures, KATU's got an article in complete opposition of the concept of not glorifying these murderers and I'm seeing on social media, everyone's trying to assassinate the good sheriff's character and calling any attempt at minimizing coverage of these people an attack on the 1st amendment by the NRA. You just can't win.

a twist.. I would be interested to see a newspaper or major media outlet publish an updated study profiling these type of shooters/psychos. Maybe it's there and it hasn't jumped out and slapped me in the face like most of the hot breaking news - you know the aging blonde talking heads with their hands flicking in excitement and their faces contorting as they shape every word about another shooting in a school. Focus on the other side of the gun.. who is pulling the trigger, what is their upbringing, what drives them.. but eek, it might to lead to the un politically correct tendency to profile people. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probably a duck (no Oregon pun here).

Is Breitbart paying attention?
I don't know, probably not. That sites ads mess with my computer too much.
We aren't talking a total news blackout.

Just not saying his name aloud or printing it BIG HEADLINES across a newspaper. How hard is that?
We could still have other details like age, race, citizenship, if he was known or if the reason was known.

The talking head on TV could tell the whole story without showing the creeps's pic and just calling him "the shooter" or something. At the end of the story The talking head could say, "In respect to the Families we will not mention his name or show his picture on our broadcast, but to find out more, a link on our web page at www.XYZZ.com will be provided."

That would cut down name recognition a whole lot and maybe start a trend.

People who want to know more, (like myself!) will have to seek it out with an extra click or two instead of the in your face bombardment we have now.

I know it won't ever happen but it would be nice if they tried.

"An unnamed douche bag geek off his meds went full re-tard at a school in southern Oregon today...."

That's about the only identification these pieces of bubblegum should get.

Many of these idea's on NOT giving shooters like this guy, any press should be put in the Letters to the Editor of every local newspaper in the country, bar none!!! Challenge them, newspapers, local news stations, NOT to show pictures or identify any known shooter EVER AGAIN!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top