JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Could the AR lower receiver be considered a chassis? To me the upper receiver compares similarly to a typical barreled receiver action with the exception of the trigger assy being housed separately. I understand that a typical rifle chassis is bolted/screwed to the barreled receiver rather than using pins like the AR platform. Does that give a chassis a much greater accuracy advantage over the pin connection used on ARs?

Edit: Could a shooter expect a potential increase in accuracy if the AR upper and lower were connected by action screws instead of pins? Would oversize pins accomplish the same thing?

Last Edited:
Here is one supposed AR15 chassis.

It looks to me like the difference is that part of the hand guard system is attached to the lower vs being attached to the upper. The results of this could be recreated by running a standard AR with no hand guard or by attaching the hand guard to the lower? If this Drake chassis still uses pins for upper to lower connection I don't see an advantage?

I do not see the advantage with that "chassis" either. I know that monolithic uppers have been around for awhile and run a "switch barrel" type system, which again is not advantageous.

Here is one supposed AR15 chassis.

It looks to me like the difference is that part of the hand guard system is attached to the lower vs being attached to the upper. The results of this could be recreated by running a standard AR with no hand guard or by attaching the hand guard to the lower? If this Drake chassis still uses pins for upper to lower connection I don't see an advantage?
That thing looks heavy as hell.

Look at springfield armory. They have a new ar platform with the handguard attached to the lower for allegedly better accuracy. I think there are youtube videos about it

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top