JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been itching to buy a new handgun...and have been eyeing the Arex Delta for some time. Saw the YouTube reviews with MAC, Gunsngear and TFB and they were overall very positive. Thin (1.1") and light (~19oz) with 15 round capacity. I've also thought about the 365XL. Similar specs with a shorter barrel but at a $580 price tag vs. $380 for the Delta I can't fully justify the extra $200. That can go towards an optic and accessories for my Stribog that's in route now.

have you run the Delta? Welcome your feedback.

I have one. Initially I wasn't sure about the aggressive texture on the backstraps, and shooting hotter 9mm loads through it constantly can definitely bite a bit.. but i've gotten used to it, and now it's probably my favorite striker fired gun I've ever shot(Various Glocks, XD, Walther PPQ, Canik TP9SF, H&K VP9, Sig 365, Steyr M9).
Great trigger, good sights, eats anything you feed it and spits it out with extreme prejudice. Mine has become my EDC. I was previously sort of a closet Glock fanboy.. which might say something... I don't know what, but definitely something :D
The machining work inside this thing is impressive. Better than any other factory auto I've personally seen.
Also, the Rex Zero 1 might be the best hammer fired auto I've shot too.

Edit.. to add that one downfall is holster availability. The only folks out there that I've seen with one molded specifically for the Delta is ANR Design.

Last Edited:
Another gun I completely forgot about and never see anywhere. Want to try one honestly. Gonna be one of those have to find it online only as no store will ever step outside of Glock/XD/MP an co.

Just like my APX I'm sure there will next to no aftermarket for it beyond mags maybe 1 or 2 holsters and the OEM parts. Shame really.

Where did you get yours?

Gonna be one of those have to find it online only as no store will ever step outside of Glock/XD/MP an co.

Actually, I found mine at Mazama in Eugene, OR(they had a Rex Zero 1 too). I think with the supply chain where it is right now, you might see a lot more stores carrying lesser known brands like this.

Oh that's good to hear then. Some stores I've seen have changed their inventory a little with all the buying going on. Good for finding other lesser known brands

I have one. Initially I wasn't sure about the aggressive texture on the backstraps, and shooting hotter 9mm loads through it constantly can definitely bite a bit.. but i've gotten used to it, and now it's probably my favorite striker fired gun I've ever shot(Various Glocks, XD, Walther PPQ, Canik TP9SF, H&K VP9, Sig 365, Steyr M9).
Great trigger, good sights, eats anything you feed it and spits it out with extreme prejudice. Mine has become my EDC. I was previously sort of a closet Glock fanboy.. which might say something... I don't know what, but definitely something :D
The machining work inside this thing is impressive. Better than any other factory auto I've personally seen.
Also, the Rex Zero 1 might be the best hammer fired auto I've shot too.

Edit.. to add that one downfall is holster availability. The only folks out there that I've seen with one molded specifically for the Delta is ANR Design.

Niiice, thanks for the input ! I've seen mixed comments on the grip texture, maybe some sanding paper or dremel work to smooth the edges and slap talon grip tape would help?

Now for you to say you like it more than the PPQ (I have one and absolutely love it) is to say a LOT ! Same with some of the other ones on that list like the H&K and the Canik. I almost bought a TP9SF elite a few months back but the weight and thickness turned me off a bit.

Do you carry with the ANR holster or other? If other, how's the fit?

Niiice, thanks for the input ! I've seen mixed comments on the grip texture, maybe some sanding paper or dremel work to smooth the edges and slap talon grip tape would help?

Now for you to say you like it more than the PPQ (I have one and absolutely love it) is to say a LOT ! Same with some of the other ones on that list like the H&K and the Canik. I almost bought a TP9SF elite a few months back but the weight and thickness turned me off a bit.

Do you carry with the ANR holster or other? If other, how's the fit?

Grip tape would be an easy fix. The grip panels it comes with have varying degrees of sharpness due to having more or less of a "hump".. if that makes sense. You may be just fine without tape by changing to a different grip panel.

It actually reminds me of a mix between the PPQ and the VP9.

As far as holsters, I am carrying mine in a Fobus IWBM, which fits it perfectly and has decent retention. It's more of a universal holster though, and despite that I typically do not like to carry 4 o-clock, it works well. I will probably buy the ANR appendix holster for it soon. I've read a few places on the interwebs, that the Delta will fit into many Glock 19 kydex holsters, but I haven't tried it myself.

Grip tape would be an easy fix. The grip panels it comes with have varying degrees of sharpness due to having more or less of a "hump".. if that makes sense. You may be just fine without tape by changing to a different grip panel.

It actually reminds me of a mix between the PPQ and the VP9.

As far as holsters, I am carrying mine in a Fobus IWBM, which fits it perfectly and has decent retention. It's more of a universal holster though, and despite that I typically do not like to carry 4 o-clock, it works well. I will probably buy the ANR appendix holster for it soon. I've read a few places on the interwebs, that the Delta will fit into many Glock 19 kydex holsters, but I haven't tried it myself.

I think I'm sold on the Delta. now I just have to convince my wife we need another handgun :D

Update: I went ahead and purchased the Delta, it will arrive to my FFL tomorrow. Also purchased a custom iwb holster from Polenar Tactical for $75 shipped so not too bad. Really looking forward to getting it in my hands...I'll report back after I take her out to the range.

Update: I went ahead and purchased the Delta, it will arrive to my FFL tomorrow. Also purchased a custom iwb holster from Polenar Tactical for $75 shipped so not too bad. Really looking forward to getting it in my hands...I'll report back after I take her out to the range.
How are you liking the AREX Delta?

How are you liking the AREX Delta?
I like it a lot, so much that I ended up getting another one the gen2 , specifically the M that comes optics ready. I put a holosun 507k and it's my primary EDC. It's slim and light for a 15 rounder, trigger is ok not bad not great but definitely workable. Overall, great value, good gun and reliable.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top