JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well as the title says, I'm looking for a certified, reputable gunsmith near Gresham to have assemble my AR upper.
Anyone have good experiences with someone particular? Service means a lot to me. Quality of work too of course but having someone who can communicate well and possibly give advice is a plus. Thanks.

Respectfully. You can do your own upper build, but again it is not knowing what you do not know that can bite. Are you running a taper pin type front gas block/site assembly? Makes a difference. Torquing up that pesky barrel nut is one of the most experience required parts of the AR15 build. The barrel gets locked down very tight. The upper floats. 40-45 pounds of torque. Barrel off and on. Proper old school. A good AR build guy can explain it all to you.

Or like already said, just find a good builder and pay the big bucks. Time consuming but easy and fun. No dog in this. Point of proper view only. Respectfully.

Respectfully. You can do your own upper build, but again it is not knowing what you do not know that can bite. Are you running a taper pin type front gas block/site assembly? Makes a difference. Torquing up that pesky barrel nut is one of the most experience required parts of the AR15 build. The barrel gets locked down very tight. The upper floats. 40-45 pounds of torque. Barrel off and on. Proper old school. A good AR build guy can explain it all to you.

Or like already said, just find a good builder and pay the big bucks. Time consuming but easy and fun. No dog in this. Point of proper view only. Respectfully.

Appreciated. I prefer when I lack to tools and experience to have the professionals do the work. No kaboom or other problems..

They might be a little back logged as of this week, but they may be your best bet for the same reason. Plus, you can go get some Busters BBQ down the street.

+1 for Curt's. I had them assemble my upper (9mm 16in barrel, slick side upper, and muzzle brake) for a very reasonable price. Going to be back soon and have them do another upper for me.
Only problem with Curts is their hours are EXACTLY the hours I work so I can't use my days off to make a trip out there:(

Coat of Arms in Keizer, great owner Damon. Very helpful guy its further away but if you havent been its worth the drive.

I third Curts also. Great people, if your not dressed decent they wont talk to you (my experience) last time I stood around for 15mins with parts in my hands waiting for the guy behind the counter to let me buy my items. Besides me there was one guy in the store who didnt buy a thing, but he did want to fondle every $3,000 dollar rifle they had... I will go back, I always do

Closer to you is:
Allison & Carey Gunworks Inc Gun shop in Gresham, Oregon Address: 17311 SE Stark St, Portland, OR 97233 ▸Open today · 9AM–4:30PM
Ive heard positive and negative things about this place never stopped in for myself. Let us know.

Last Edited:
One last place, I have bought firearms from Riches in Donald. And they have a few gunsmiths and large gunsmith workshop in the store. Also have a indoor range. Really cool place great selection. I know someone who dropped off over $50K in consignment firearms and they sold them quickly and gave him the prices he expected to get.
again not close to you but well worth the drive and a little closer then Coat of Arms.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top