Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Replacing SIG P229 rear sight?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by clearconscience, Aug 16, 2010.

1. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I recently bought a Sig P229 and it seems to be shooting a little low. I was thinking about getting an adjustable rear sight and wondering if anyone has any experience with these? Is it worth replacing?
    I'm not a very accurate shooter with standard sights and was looking at anything I can get to help me improve and get a tighter grouping.

Any ideas? Other than spending a lot of time at the range?

2. QXSOUP

QXSOUP Portland, OR Member

With standard contrast sights, Sigs shoot a little different...

I usually go with no. 2 or 3 below.

sightimages.jpg

3. QXSOUP

QXSOUP Portland, OR Member

Also, what caliber is it? If you look on the sights themselves, you should see a number.

.40 usually use 6 front and 8 rear
    .357sig is usually 8 front AND rear
    .9mm 8/8 also

4. GRUNDEL

GRUNDEL Washougal Area Active Member

Over the years I have owned P225's, P229's, and a P220's. I got the best results using QXSOUPS image #3, but that’s just me. I have a tendency to hit a little low anyway.

5. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

That will help. I just thought I was crazy. It's a 9mm. I will practice with the higher aim. It just throws me off a little. Hard to get in the groove when your aiming away from what your trying to hit.
    Looks like I need more range time.