Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Removing Suncorite.

Reactions
Will be tackling a restoration of a 1940 Enfield No.2. Seems it was never through a FTR programme so it still has original Suncorite , but it’s badly chipped. So, what outside of media blasting can take this stuff off?

Reactions: GOG

Mikej

Reactions
Will be tackling a restoration of a 1940 Enfield No.2. Seems it was never through a FTR programme so it still has original Suncorite , but it’s badly chipped. So, what outside of media blasting can take this stuff off?

I missed this thread of yours back in June. If you haven't visited the gunboards.com you should. A HUGE site with a forum just for Enfields, from the beginning to the end of production. Gunboard's Forums

Does it happen to be an Ishapore? I thought they used that hard ugly black paint.

OP
WAW44
Reactions
I'm on gunboards, same username. Suncorite was done by the Brits. Ishapore 2A1 rifles, the 308 Enfields, were done in black paint too, but this was different than Suncorite. Original Suncorite is a PITA to get off, but good paint thinner did the job. here are some before and after pics.

before.JPG 38_1.JPG

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months...
    • Mister Bisley

Staff online