JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Will be tackling a restoration of a 1940 Enfield No.2. Seems it was never through a FTR programme so it still has original Suncorite , but it's badly chipped. So, what outside of media blasting can take this stuff off?

Will be tackling a restoration of a 1940 Enfield No.2. Seems it was never through a FTR programme so it still has original Suncorite , but it's badly chipped. So, what outside of media blasting can take this stuff off?

I missed this thread of yours back in June. If you haven't visited the gunboards.com you should. A HUGE site with a forum just for Enfields, from the beginning to the end of production. Gunboard's Forums

Does it happen to be an Ishapore? I thought they used that hard ugly black paint.

I'm on gunboards, same username. Suncorite was done by the Brits. Ishapore 2A1 rifles, the 308 Enfields, were done in black paint too, but this was different than Suncorite. Original Suncorite is a PITA to get off, but good paint thinner did the job. here are some before and after pics.

before.JPG 38_1.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads