JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My first .35 Rem. was a Model 760 Gamemaster, bought in 1986. A little, local gun shop that I frequented had boxes of 20 primed cases for $2 a box. Also 8mm Mauser. The packaging was that used about 30 years earlier. I bought all they had. Then in 1987, I bought one each Model 8 and 81 but I was already set for ammo from having the Model 760.

The last time I bought .35 Rem. brass, the only I could find for sale was made by Hornady. Nos I see it's out of stock. When in stock, it's a dollar or more apiece.

I picked up a late Model 8 several years ago, in .30 Remington, thankfully, it came with 10 boxes of factory loaded ammo, and several pounds worth of brass. of that I am thankful, as its nearly impossible to find! Thanks to a number of kind hearted and kindred spirits here, I came into some unique tools that would make service super slick and pain free. That lead to a member here selling a later .300 Savage model 81 that had been converted to .308 Winchester by none other then Ed Shillin, which the member sold me for a VERY reasonable price, thank you again, you know who you are! And thus started my addiction of Remington Autoloading Rifles! I hate the 81's stock and found a E-bay Mod-8 replacement in super fancy wood, so I did the deed, and no one should care as it's NOT an original rifle due to the caliber conversion! Lemme tell ya, these old rifles in a Modern Cartridge are a wholly new experience, and .308 is pretty slick and snappy, but some how, the design absorbs it just fine, though it still slams ya pretty good!

some how, the design absorbs it just fine, though it still slams ya pretty good!
That captures the recoil of the Model 8 and 81 very well. I think it's the long stroke of the barrel sliding back in the shroud that takes the harshness out of the recoil. And yeah - you still feel it, but it's more like a push than a hit from a sledge hammer.

I picked up a late Model 8 several years ago, in .30 Remington, thankfully, it came with 10 boxes of factory loaded ammo, and several pounds worth of brass. of that I am thankful, as its nearly impossible to find! Thanks to a number of kind hearted and kindred spirits here, I came into some unique tools that would make service super slick and pain free. That lead to a member here selling a later .300 Savage model 81 that had been converted to .308 Winchester by none other then Ed Shillin, which the member sold me for a VERY reasonable price, thank you again, you know who you are! And thus started my addiction of Remington Autoloading Rifles! I hate the 81's stock and found a E-bay Mod-8 replacement in super fancy wood, so I did the deed, and no one should care as it's NOT an original rifle due to the caliber conversion! Lemme tell ya, these old rifles in a Modern Cartridge are a wholly new experience, and .308 is pretty slick and snappy, but some how, the design absorbs it just fine, though it still slams ya pretty good!
"These old rifles in a Modern Cartridge" exists in the 81 with a .300 Savage: the first "short,fat,minimum taper, sharp shoulder" cartridge, "designed for efficiency" (just like all the latest heartthrobs), and the seminal prototype for the .308.

Thank you sir I have a gun I need help with

1000000437.jpg