JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone here have information or know where to find it for a Remington-Keene rifle??
I have one in pretty decent condition, except the stock seems to have been shortened. It is an "army" length barrel, 30 1/2", with the wood cut off at the rear barrel band. Some of the oddities are the fact that the rear barrel band has a sling swivel on it. There is a front barrel band that ties the barrel and the magazine tube together that also has a sling swivel on it. I cannot find a picture of any other Remington-Keene with this style of front barrel band. There is no indication in the finish on the barrel of there ever being a barrel band in the normal location for a full-length stock.
The cut end of the stock has the hole for the cleaning rod, but it is plugged with a screw. All pictures of these rifles with the shorter barrels and short stocks have forend caps rather than simple barrel bands at the end of the wood.
It is serial number 72, marked on the action and the trigger guard, but number 30 on the cartridge lifter. Is it likely this was one of the guns sent to the army for testing?? Perhaps the short wood and odd barrel band were test items??
Someone had replaced the flat spring for the trigger/elevator with a coil spring that only worked for the trigger. I made a new flat spring so the elevator works correctly too.
If you have information or know of a source I would love to hear about it!! I've spent a few hours online trying to glean what is available there. Bought a reprint of the Remington manual for it. Bought and read the Flayderman's guide about it. I've had it a the OAC gun show and talked to a couple of people there about it.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top