JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I really can't help myself......:cool:

Am I alone?

20160203_190046.jpg 20160529_153232.jpg 20160529_152955.jpg 20160520_215026.jpg 20160520_212457.jpg 20160417_175719.jpg 20160328_165948.jpg

I really like the second one from the top.
Thanks for sharing.
Andy
I've been working on this for a few years. My idea of a 7180/7188 clone. Built on a supermag frame. 28" barrel cut down to 18" and deribbed. Mk 1 barrel clamp missing bayonet lug. Parkerized. Military take off wood, Refinished and a limb saver fitted

I hear you.
I have my Grandpa's 870. Its a .20 gauge with a 28 inch barrel and modified choke.
Made in 1964 , beautiful wood on that one.
Just bought a .20 gauge 870 compact with a laminate wood stock.
It does double duty as a gun for what goes bump in the night and a nasty weather grouse gun.
I would like to replace the plastic trigger group with a metal one , do you know if Remington makes a replacement metal one?
Andy

I personally don't like the metal trigger guards. They bend and brake way to easy. Most of mine are banged up. The "express" guards will take more abuse. But if your set on one. Look on ebay or gunbroker.com. you want the "LW" light frame version.

Walnut for LW is hard to come by. And really expensive when you do find it. You can get adaptors to run the more common 12g on a LW

I really like the 2nd one from the bottom. It's interesting how many variations of the 870 can be had. I've just got the one Wingmaster for now. Dropped it off to Velzey today for some refinishing and possibly upgrading the extractor to allow for 3" shells.

Tough design that's hard to kill, a legend among legends! I have a few 870's my self, nothing super duper like your's but all have served as intended. My 870 super mag was a Preproduct release directly from Rem, and I got a smoking deal on it with the condition that I would send pictures and notes of how it performed, and if it needed any repairs or changes that I was to ship it directly to them! That Gun has been Bomb proof all these years, and has taken more birds then I can remember! I have dropped it, used it as a paddle, a tent prop, clothes dryer, and just about any thing else I could think of. The older it gets, the smoother it runs! This was also one of the very first guns to have HydroDip camo and it still like like it did the day I brought her home! The only mods were to port the heck out of the barrel and install a front hy viz sight! Rem870smtc.jpg

20 gauge youth model 21" barrel short pull
12ga Wingmaster with 1960's era wood and Corn cob style forestock 20" 8rd mag Blued finish HD Gun
12ga Express Magnum 28" Rem choke 1970's Wingmaster wood set 870 Blue Duracoat finish Field gun

Shoot... I've been hooked since, when becuz of you, I found this site and it was how I finished my first 870 project madmax! Your ad popped up on a google search and the rest is history. Now I'm hooked on both 870s and this site!!!! So thank you MADMAX for your 870 love!!!!

Shoot... I've been hooked since, when becuz of you, I found this site and it was how I finished my first 870 project madmax! Your ad popped up on a google search and the rest is history. Now I'm hooked on both 870s and this site!!!! So thank you MADMAX for your 870 love!!!!
5 years ago. Cant even remember what we traded

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads