JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The goal with this picture was to show off the wilson combat safety but it just looks like a normal safety in the picture :s0108:

20200421_165444.jpg

1. Due to heavy recoil in buck and slug loads, all 870 Police guns have a longer
magazine spring which ensures positive feed and function.

2. Police shotguns do not have an ISS (Integrated Safety System) which is a locking
mechanism on the safety of commercial shotguns. This type of locking mechanism
can cause delay to an officer who needs the weapon but does not have the
appropriate key. LE shotguns have the standard, proven, cross bolt safety.

3. The Police shotguns utilize the heavy duty SPEEDFEED Stocks and Fore-ends.

4. The Express model will not allow for the addition of an extension tube without
physical modification to the tube and barrel, which can nullify the warranty.

5. The Police shotgun barrel is locked down with a "ball detent" system in conjunction
with the magazine cap vs. a lesser grade "synthetic magazine spring retainer" lock
down as used on the Express system.

All good information but some is outdated.

1. The springs for the 6+1 model Express Tactical/Home Defense are the same as the Police 6+1. The 4+1 is different.

2. Remington stopped the ISS J-Lock safety in 2007 IIRC due to so much backlash.

3,4&5. Some Express Tactical/Home Defense models include Speedfeed forends, no dimples limiting +2 extensions and the same "ball detent" locking magazine caps.

Last Edited:
How do you like it? I've had the Vang Comp dome head for a long time but ended up going back to stock. I'm left handed so the purpose/idea of a larger safety doesn't really work as intended.
It's the same as vang but with groves. I prefer the dome to stock

I'm not addicted to 870's..yet... but I have a feeling my AR addiction might be branching out that way. Same symptoms
I got this Suarez International Folding stock adapter in a trade that will work with 870 and has an adapter for the 11-87 so I'm now ISO either... just so I can put this stupid part to work... can't seem to find a good candidate though.
Every decent used Shotgun in my area is sold out.
Just want a beater that I can fix up and add a bunch of tact-a-coolness to.

2CB05187-69D5-43B0-B6AF-40F66E3CFDCF.jpeg 56C730D8-FA64-4B95-B8DE-C72A1FDF68E7.jpeg

Anybody have the tactical detachable magazine 870? I am an 870 lover but the one I purchased last has a detachable mag, and I am not impressed. I shot it for the first time last weekend and it didnt cycle too well. I got two shells somehow in the action? I was just using 2-3/4 trap shells shooting a pattern board for the first time just to see how it shoots. I'll give it another go but the first impression wasn't the best. I love my old Wingmaster, but shoot trap with my 3200. I have heard Remington aint what it once was? My old ones are awesome, this new one the jury is still out on?

You have soooooo many 870s madmax! Do you have a favorite?
anything with Walnut
Anybody have the tactical detachable magazine 870? I am an 870 lover but the one I purchased last has a detachable mag, and I am not impressed. I shot it for the first time last weekend and it didnt cycle too well. I got two shells somehow in the action? I was just using 2-3/4 trap shells shooting a pattern board for the first time just to see how it shoots. I'll give it another go but the first impression wasn't the best. I love my old Wingmaster, but shoot trap with my 3200. I have heard Remington aint what it once was? My old ones are awesome, this new one the jury is still out on?
sell the DM, mags are impossible to find. Along with being a limited production run

anything with Walnut
sell the DM, mags are impossible to find. Along with being a limited production run

It was very inexpensive, who is gonna buy it after what you just said. Lol So it is a cheap POS new Remington. Thanks for confirming what I was wondering.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top