JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Prices: Rifle/scope mount/ rings - $375
Rifle/Mount/Rings/Scope - $450
Rifle, scope, ammo - $500

I'll split fees with a buyer.
No trades at this time.
I will ship the rifle, scope, etc., but not ammo, FFL to FFL, and will split the cost of shipping.

788 Small 1.jpg 788 Small 2.jpg

I have an aversion to keeping firearms I don't use (other than heirlooms). I bought this two years ago for varmint hunting but just never got into it. I have taken it out once and put 20 rounds through it. It functions flawlessly and is in better than average condition. I can take more detailed pics by request.

The 788 has a great reputation for accuracy, and there is the rumor that Remington stopped making them because they were cheaper than the 700 but shot better.

I had a gunsmith go through it, float the barrel, and bed the action. It was reported to be in excellent condition internally. The scope is a Vortex Crossfire II 4-12 x 40 that was bought new and professionally mounted on a one piece scope mount this spring. I removed the factory sights prior to scope mounting, but still have them and will include them, of course. I have about 100 rounds of factory ammo and 20 once-fired cases that can be included with the full price.

I live in Veneta/Eugene area. I am willing to meet anywhere between Coos Bay and Newport on the coast, and anywhere between Salem and Roseburg on I-5.

Last Edited: