JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I'm listing my Remington 700 SPS 375 H&H Big Game Edition. It's just taking up room in the safe and I need to upgrade some optics. It's a good rifle and shoots well I just don't have a use for it. I took it to Africa on a plains game safari in 2010 and it's been collecting dust ever since. It only weighs 7lbs so it's a dream to pack on those long hikes but has a large factory recoil pad to help counter the recoil. The rifle is parkerized to help prevent corrosion. The marks on the stock and receiver are hardly noticeable under regular conditions I had to work to get the light right to make them show up in the photos. It has less than 200 rounds through it. Probably more like 160 but I can't say exactly. I have 120 pieces of various, once fired brass to go with it. I'd like to see $650 for it but open to trades for a Vortex Viper FFP HS LR 6-24x50 MOA reticle

Thanks for looking.

B808D703-D44B-4842-8E40-B7ABE56DCF28_zpsg8duqizj.jpg

CC1168D1-B942-4EE7-B5AB-FF523849FD99_zps0k0egxok.jpg

BA74B515-996F-4722-AEC5-13660A3C5235_zps6qpshpo0.jpg

B425B158-2EBB-4FF7-8D13-1078ABF21E40_zpsix2pilub.jpg

3CFEA6DF-DB65-4DEC-BBA0-73C74892BD1D_zpsfktgglsi.jpg

Last Edited:
How did this do on plains game? I promised my son a trip to Africa for his senior trip in a few years. We talked to a few outfitters and they suggested 416 minimum. Seemed a little overkill, but they said kudu were big and tough.

As much as I'd love to tell you this is the rifle you need for plains game, it's not. It's a great rifle and you can take anything in the planet with it but not necessary for plains game. My wife killed a zebra and a kudu with a 30-30 (and I killed a kudu with my bow). Any rifle you'd hunt big game with in N. America will do you fine in Africa. The owner of the operation I went with loved the 338 Winchester more than life itself and said he'd be completely comfortable shooting even elephant with the 338 Win. The guides, like anywhere would rather an experienced rifleman show up with a 308 than a loose cannon who couldn't hit a mountain bring a 416 rigby.

I will say if you plan to hunt anything "dangerous" the 375 is required by law in some areas fwiw

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.