JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm sure this has been beaten like a dead horse but Tapatalk isn't working and searching on my phone is not as easy. But I'll ask anyways.

So I'm picking up a new Remington 700 Monday (thanks Greg) and have almost everything I need for it to be ready. I need "rings" I believe it's called? I have an optic, rifle, bipod, ammo. Now I need the attachments for the optic. I don't need anything fancy but something say, sub $100. I did a search and Leupold shows up with a 2 piece. Is this any good or a 1 piece better? Sorry very new to bolt guns...

Caliber is .308
Optic Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50

TIA

TPS makes quality parts that won't brake the bank. Here's a 20moa base and a set of rings. As a side note, both are aluminum, not steel.

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

Because the 20 MOA base tilts the scope downwards a 50mm scope may touch the barrel necessitating higher (taller) rings
there is a sub forum that has pics of big scopes and lists the base and rings used
http://www.mossbergmvp.com/index.php?threads/whats-your-scope-rings-mount-setup.325/
w/a 30mm tube a 20 MOA base is not really necessary unless you need to shoot over 1000 yards

ring heights from Midway

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:
w/a 30mm tube a 20 MOA base is not really necessary unless you need to shoot over 1000 yards

Not sure what the 30mm tube has to do with how far you can shoot but I would say it really depends on a lot of factors as to whether you need a 20 MOA base or not. The PST does not have a huge amount of travel so I would bet that without a 20 MOA base the max distance you could dial to would be a fair distance below 1000 yards (again depending on conditions, caliber, velocity, etc). In the end, there really isn't much down side to running a 20 MOA and then your options are covered.

I also would recommend Seekins rings and bases. The Vortex precision matched rings are made by Seekins for Vortex. I bit more money than you are wanting to spend but you won't be replacing them with something better down the road.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top