JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm sure this has been beaten like a dead horse but Tapatalk isn't working and searching on my phone is not as easy. But I'll ask anyways.

So I'm picking up a new Remington 700 Monday (thanks Greg) and have almost everything I need for it to be ready. I need "rings" I believe it's called? I have an optic, rifle, bipod, ammo. Now I need the attachments for the optic. I don't need anything fancy but something say, sub $100. I did a search and Leupold shows up with a 2 piece. Is this any good or a 1 piece better? Sorry very new to bolt guns...

Caliber is .308
Optic Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50

TIA

TPS makes quality parts that won't brake the bank. Here's a 20moa base and a set of rings. As a side note, both are aluminum, not steel.

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

Because the 20 MOA base tilts the scope downwards a 50mm scope may touch the barrel necessitating higher (taller) rings
there is a sub forum that has pics of big scopes and lists the base and rings used
http://www.mossbergmvp.com/index.php?threads/whats-your-scope-rings-mount-setup.325/
w/a 30mm tube a 20 MOA base is not really necessary unless you need to shoot over 1000 yards

ring heights from Midway

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:
w/a 30mm tube a 20 MOA base is not really necessary unless you need to shoot over 1000 yards

Not sure what the 30mm tube has to do with how far you can shoot but I would say it really depends on a lot of factors as to whether you need a 20 MOA base or not. The PST does not have a huge amount of travel so I would bet that without a 20 MOA base the max distance you could dial to would be a fair distance below 1000 yards (again depending on conditions, caliber, velocity, etc). In the end, there really isn't much down side to running a 20 MOA and then your options are covered.

I also would recommend Seekins rings and bases. The Vortex precision matched rings are made by Seekins for Vortex. I bit more money than you are wanting to spend but you won't be replacing them with something better down the road.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top