Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Remington 700 AAC-SD

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by hotSAUCE, Oct 18, 2014.

1. hotSAUCE

hotSAUCE All over Active Member

So I'm sure this has been beaten like a dead horse but Tapatalk isn't working and searching on my phone is not as easy. But I'll ask anyways.

So I'm picking up a new Remington 700 Monday (thanks Greg) and have almost everything I need for it to be ready. I need "rings" I believe it's called? I have an optic, rifle, bipod, ammo. Now I need the attachments for the optic. I don't need anything fancy but something say, sub $100. I did a search and Leupold shows up with a 2 piece. Is this any good or a 1 piece better? Sorry very new to bolt guns...

Caliber is .308
    Optic Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50

TIA

2. krivey

krivey mcminnville oregon Active Member

I would recommend a 20 moa base and seekins precision rings (medium height). Also check out vortex precision matched rings. I have heard good things of those as well.

3. hotSAUCE

hotSAUCE All over Active Member

Where to get the 20 moa?

4. krivey

krivey mcminnville oregon Active Member

Check out swfa.com, they have a great selection of bases and rings. They also have great customer service. I went with the egw hd 20moa and seekins medium rings.

5. sealine

sealine Oregon Well-Known Member

6. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  7. erslll

erslll Hermiston OR Active Member

Not sure what the 30mm tube has to do with how far you can shoot but I would say it really depends on a lot of factors as to whether you need a 20 MOA base or not. The PST does not have a huge amount of travel so I would bet that without a 20 MOA base the max distance you could dial to would be a fair distance below 1000 yards (again depending on conditions, caliber, velocity, etc). In the end, there really isn't much down side to running a 20 MOA and then your options are covered.

I also would recommend Seekins rings and bases. The Vortex precision matched rings are made by Seekins for Vortex. I bit more money than you are wanting to spend but you won't be replacing them with something better down the road.